1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S Ernie Ball Stingray 4 - metal flake green

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JoshB, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

So...this gal has been a faithful companion through being a crappy bass player, many nights spent woodshedding, and learning how to take care of my first "real" instrument. Unfortunatly, she rarely ever gets played anymore and someone needs to play her.

By checking out Gav's EB serial page, I think this bass, serial number E19122, is from the late part of November or early part of December of 2000. It's finished in the (I think) discontinued metal flake green. smallequestrian sold one finished in this color awhile back...

The bass is in great shape. Other than a small ding on the lower horn, a small ding in the headstock and a small bit of buckle wear, it looks fantastic. The only other thing to note is the fretboard is starting to show the string lines. I've minimized them by cleaning the board and using guitar honey when I change the strings, but they're there. Please note, in the pictures, the volume knobs is not on the bass. I have it and the plastic washer for under it, but it came off awhile back and I decided to just leave it off. Don't ask why, I really can't tell you. There are pictures of the dings and the fingerboard up at the link below.

The bass comes with 2 pickguards, a plain black which currently has a logo on it from the clothing company that I support, and a black pearloid. The bass also has a hipshot d-tuner installed but also comes with the stock tuner and screws if someone would like to put it back to normal. The bass also comes with the OHSC and a set of dunlop straplocks installed as well as an EB nylon strap with the straplock ends on it. It's currently strung up with plain ol' EB slinkys and has some extras in the case (.85, .70, .50)

Also, if anyone is interested, in addition to the HSC, I can include an incase tour bag with all the goodies including the box for an extra $225. The bass fits in it very nicely.

I'm looking to get $950. Paypal is alright if you cover the 3%. I'd perfer not to trade this but send your offers my way anyway. I'm looking to get into a 5 string. I do reserve the right to get seller's remorse and pull the thread. Now for a couple of pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the rest of the pictures, please go HERE Thanks for looking...

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    THats one of my favorite stingray colors... good luck with the sale.

3. Josh, I hate to say it, but this is one of those that you WILL kick yourself for getting rid of it.

4. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    and he should know............

as do I:smug:

5. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i have been looking for this color on a stingray for months. i just bought another stingray because i gave up after no sightings. i officially hate myself now.

6. JoshB

aw man! Travis...Scott...you're killin' me here! I guess I'll leave it up for another day and think about it...

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Hot damn. And a maple board too!

Hmmm....

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Man, you really are going to do this? Man, my jazz might be worth that one, but I dunno...

9. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Nice one-truth sticker jmb! Got one on my car.

10. JoshB

nah...I don't think the jazz is for me.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Where did you get that sticker. I kinda want one, or five

12. Man,I got a soft spot for that green w/ maple board!

13. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    www.onetruth.com

14. JoshB

no offers...just lookers. Is my price too high or what?

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    No, we just all know you'll regret it. So we don't want to be the ones that allow you to regret it.

16. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    That's so pretty! But I'm afraid of what could happen to me when I ask the question:

"Honey, is it OK with you if I buy another Stingray?"

17. I want it bad but without the trade I can't justify it. My new apartment is more important sadly..not by much though.

18. JoshB

Sorry man...I just don't like Ibanez stuff...

19. PM sent.

20. JoshB

bump for price drop to $900

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.