1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S, F/T Fodera NYC Empire 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Wow, just got this in. What a beautiful well crafted instrument. I never played one before. Unless you've played a Fodera it's hard to describe the neck profile, fretboard feel and just overall craftsmanship. It is in awesome shape with only some swirls on the pickguard. Comes with tweed case with some wear on the handle and case edges, but still rock solid with all 4 latches working as they should. Also comes with a very nice Levy leather strap with the strap lock buttons already installed. Beautiful deep black finish with block and bound neck that is in perfect condition. The tone is to die for. Pope 2 band eq can be active or passive. I don't think I've encountered a active bass that can be just as big sounding in passive mode like this. And best of all it has that sought after Fodera butterfly inlay on the neck. Outstanding sounding bass.
    This is the best priced Fodera you will find.
    Sale: $2300 Shipped Cont USA
    Trade: Sadowsky Metro 5, Lull M5V, Tobias Basic or Classic 5.

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g401/kshipley1/Fodera/

2. ursusaltered

ursusaltered Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Madison WI
    Nice bass, I almost bid on it. Good score, but why you getting rid of it?

3. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    I'm a 5 stringer. This is too nice and too expensive to be a wall ornament. I can only afford to keep what I play to be honest.

4. ursusaltered

ursusaltered Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Madison WI
    I hope you have good luck with your deal. That is a stellar bass.

5. PM sent :) Rhymes with Sasmowky!
    IMG_3783.

6. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Holy Cow! Did you get a deal on this.

7. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Wait, is this the one that just sold on Ebay?

8. I'm pretty sure it is. I was watching it.

9. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wow, this could be a nice wall ornament for me. PM sent. :)

10. ms1369

ms1369

Feb 16, 2008
    chicago burbs
    I'm pretty sure I had this bass for a while, and it is a
    great example of the NYC line. It's not the one that just sold on ebay different bridge,control plate and pickguard.
    Good luck with the sale.

11. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    The one that I'm referring to on Ebay does have the same bridge, pickguard, control plate, preamp, pickups, etc. That's why I asked

12. ms1369

ms1369

Feb 16, 2008
    chicago burbs
    My mistake,that is the bass that just sold. I was thinking of the black namm bass that was for sale before this one.

13. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    All PMs answered. Yep, same one that sold on ebay, I shouldn't have bought I but couldn't resist. Interesting lesson in final cost though, between shipping from Canada and UPS's strong desire to get into my pockets with the $118 COD (when it arrived) of what they called a UPS "brokerage fee". Oh well. It's a magnificent bass and I am covering cont US shipping on this.

14. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    It's going, going, gone. To my great sadness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.