1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S F/T Sadowsky,Fender Custom Shop& Lakland'S inside (Price Drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by albass111, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am thinning the herd, but by no means is this a fire sale. I do have debt but it is not pressing (yet). I am willing to hang on to these babies for a while to get what I consider fair value. read on for some interesting trade ideas. The PBass is sold

DSC00690.jpg

1959 Precision Bass Fender Custom Shop Reissue(2001) SoldR11XXXX
    I am a Jazz bass guy through and through so I am selling this great Pbass. This is MUCH nicer than my other one, but the one I'm keeping was a gift from my sister so you guys know how that goes.

This bass lists for over $3600 and street is over $2500. Check this link
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-59-Precision-Bass-Relic?sku=515030
    Color is called Vintage Blond, and is a little translucent. Fingerboard (one of the best I've played) is rosewood with clay dots.
    It's been on a few tours, so there is belt buckle rash, and nicks and a few gouges. It was all meant to add to the vintage vibe. It in no way affects how the bass sounds or plays. If you are a collector, move on.

The playablity is great. This weighs in at 8.5 pounds without the covers. The fingerboard feels really nice and the neck is one of the most comfortable and thin (front to back) of any PBass. Ask anyone who's played this model because the fingerboard sensation is difficult to describe.

DSC00697.jpg
    59custPB1.jpg
    59custPB4.jpg
    59custPB2.jpg

It comes with pickup and bridge covers, and Vintage Fender Tweed Hard Case.

SOLD This low price is only because of the cosmetic flaws, but luckily, fans of this type of bass don't hold those values paramount. For trades, I'd really want a DPLE II Glaub (under 9 pounds) +$$ or another option might be a cool Valenti piece (alder/rosewoood)+$$ or credit towards a Sadowsky RV.

Lakland Darryl Jones LPB with Sadowsky PU's PRE VTC Hipshot detuner

This bass is truely: my loss equals your gain. These are the upgrades. Jeannies Pickguard, Hipshot Detuner, Sadowsky Humcancelling PU's, Sadowsky Pre with VTC, professionally shielded (control cavity) and installed. It weighs 9.7 pounds. The DJ4 owners around will tell you how much they love the neck, and I'm only selling mine because 3 ash/maple basses is a little overkill, and I'm currently in love with my Sadowsky. I just wrapped up some recordings with this bass, and the engineer (grammy award winning) continually complimented this bass tone. We pretty much just recorded this bass (old strings) into an old neve console with a tiny bit of bass boost.

It's in great condition but has two imperfections. The satin finish wore through on the back of the neck, and a bad guitar stand scratched the side of the headstock. The finish problem is not a result of playwear. (see pic)

DSC00698.jpg
    DSC00694.jpg
    DSC00695.jpg

This bass comes with a Lakland Hardcase. I have over $650 additional in parts and labor into this one.
    $1250 includes shipping

I'll take USPS MO, or we can split Paypal fees. Buyer pays shipping and insurance and chooses method. (UPS ground?)

The last bass for sale is a DPLE JO that is one of three maple boards ever made. (3/23) This bass is Mint, I mean dead mint. $1300. OBO ,

JOm.jpg

Trade Ideas

These are kind of specific, check it out.
    If you have guilt from owning an expensive Sadowsky NYC, then trade down for two high quality basses that can fit all of your needs. Ideally I'd love to trade the CS and DJ for a Alder/Rosewood Sadowsky NYC UV, but I'm open to others. (p/j)

If anyone has a 17mm Atelier Z or Update 4, I'd be willing to listen. 1.5" nut width or lower.

If you think that you have something that fits my tastes (they should be obvious) throw the offer my way.

2. TheOldFlatwound

TheOldFlatwound Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario
    is that CS P bass NOS or closet classic??

3. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Are the bridge saddles red on the Fender P?? How does the front of the headstock look?

4. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The bridge saddles are rusty, (intentionally) and I will take pics of the headstock front later. As you can tell by my avatar, I like relic'ed fenders. The strange thing is that I keep my Boutiques as pristine as possible but fenders with character are all the better. Also, I'll check the Certificate of Authenticity.

trades?????

Any DPLE II owners??

5. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    You have a couple real beauties there my man, and your prices aren't at all out of line IMO. I can't believe that JO is here like this when my GAS cash is like null. :(

good luck!

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I REALLY wish I had the money for that P bass.....bump.

7. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Headstock photo

DSC00700.gif

This was a direct custom order from fender. The COA says NOS, but it was never a truely pristine bass like the NOS today. I think it came with the relic'ed pickguard screws and bridge. However, the body dings were not factory. (obviously)

8. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Lot's of good bait. I passed up a too good to be true deal because I don't play upright anymore.

No biting yet.

9. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    You've got pm!

10. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    pm's returned

11. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    P bass is sold!!!

12. Bump for a great guy! Al bought my Sunburst Sadowsky Vintage 4 and just missed out on my Lakland Dude Pit Dudepit Limited Editon Bob Glaub with Dark Star PUP. Really great to deal with and he has some good stuff here....Especially the DJ4 that is a LOT of bass for this price and has one of the best necks out there in my opinion! Don't miss the boat!!

Peace,

T

13. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the kind words Tom!!

1250 shipped for Darryl Jones!!!

14. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    $2700 shipped for the Sadowsky

15. RudeMood

RudeMood Sadowsky and stuff. Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    pm sent. Do you have any other pics of the Sadowsky? Any more details about it?

16. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    bump. It's Christmas time so, I don't anticipate much biting unless someone is looking for a cool present.

17. Free BUMP! for a GEORGOUS Sadowsky!

18. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses

+1.you know albass,that sadowsky would look nice sitting under my tree on christmas morn.

19. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got a Sadowsky last year for Christmas and yes, the best present ever.......

Bug your woman....

20. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    As far as the DPLE JO goes, sorry about the lack of information. For all those who PM'ed, I apologize.

Here goes. It's a Skyline Joe Osborn, Dude Pit Limited Edition. I think there were 24 total, 3 with maple boards. If you buy this bass, it's one of three that will EVER be in existance.
    It has passive Fralin's and a J-Retro 01 preamp. The neck feels really nice. I believe the Skyline JO's are ash, so this has that nice ash.maple snap and is currently set up to be a slap machine.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.