1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: Fender CIJ '51 Reissue P Bass Relisted w/Lower Price & Options

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by marwady, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD!!!!

OK,

In order to move this beautiful bass, I am relisting it with options and a lower price.

I realize that a Lindy Fralin stacked single coil is not everyone's cup of the on this instrument so I am offering it with just the stock pup at a lower price.

$575 shipped conus with case takes this bad boy home!!

Please see the original ad below: vvvvvv

I am not sure I want to do this but I am not playing this bass on a regular basis and it probably needs more love, particularly from a TB member.

This is my '51 reissue in the sunburst finish. I cannot find a mark on it and I am the original owner. If I do decide to sell, I would prefer to sell the following entire package as it contains some extras.

First of all, the bass has been shielded with copper foil, as the original single coil does buzz as we all know. The shielding helps but I am a noise reduction freak (I only record, no live gigging at this point in my life).

I upgraded the pickup to a Lindy Fralin dual coil and it is significantly quieter and retains much of the original pup's sound. I will include both pups with the sale.

I also will include the pup and bridge covers and a case (this bass is sold without a case, you must buy one separately if you want one).

So, the entire package goes for $625.00 shipped conus.

No trades, please.
    If this doesn't sell as is in about a week or so, I would be willing to remove some of the options for a lower price.

Pics:

P1010104.jpg

P1010103.jpg

2. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    what year was it made?
    do you have any images of the back of body?

3. Fender site dates this bass as '03/'04

Pix of back:

P1070013.jpg

P1070014.jpg

P1070015.jpg

4. I have edited the previous post because I believe the Fender dating site has an error. My ser. # starts with a Q and has 6 digits. I bought this new from an authorized Fender dealer in late 2003.

I believe this bass to be a 2003.

Did they even make a CIJ '51 reissue in 1993/94???

I don't think so.

5. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat

Sep 30, 2007
    metro-Detroit
    Man, that's tasty. Simple, functional, beautiful and cool as can be. Perfect upgrades, too. I had the blonde version about 13 years ago and regret selling it. If I had the dough, so would you.

6. It really is the essence of simplicity, a symbol of Leo's genius.

7. Pix fixed in post# 1

8. This puppy is SOLD!!!!!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.