1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S: Fender Precision Bass American Standard Sunburst / Maple - $850

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mrtorian, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrtorian

mrtorian Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hello-

Up for sale is my 2008 American Standard Precision Bass. Details:
    --Classic sunburst with a maple neck. It shows only typical wear for it's age (swirly polish marks + light indentations on the back-no chips).
    --I am the second owner.
    --It's strung thru with DR Legend flats. What this means for you is no fret wear, medium tension, and smooth, confident feel. Intonation and action are both dead on.
    --With the high mass vintage bridge you do have the option to go top load or thru body. Some say it affects tone. Others will say it makes the windings go better around the posts. I'ver tried it both ways, and I think the strings sit better on the posts going thru the body. Whatever.
    --Maple neck is fast and fluid. The fret ends are smooth, and the width is between an old-school P and a Jazz--perfect. Hipshot tuning keys are light and smooth.
    --The instrument is all original (except for strings, obviously).
    --Comes with case, original paperwork, and truss allen key.
    --A square deal.
    I've taken great care of this bass and am only selling because I bought a vintage p-bass (so no offers for trades, please). Please PM with questions etc.

And sorry for the crap pictures. They were taken for CL. If you're in Austin, come on by and see it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Weight?

3. mrtorian

mrtorian Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sorry. I have no idea. I will try the mail scale when I get back to the office (Fri.). I can only imagine the looks . . .

It's not a particularly heavy bass. I've 'worn' it for hours, and it's substantially lighter than my 4001. Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.