1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Gretsch Broadkaster Kit

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by GeneralElectric, Apr 29, 2010.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I don't really play drums all too often anymore. I have a Gretsch Broadkaster kit a friend's mother gave me a few years ago. Its old and I was told this was played by the mother's exboyfriend in the early-mid 60s. It has round badges, not the octagon ones from the 70s. Kit is a black/grey pearloid almost and I think the shells are maple. The kit is in great shape and was checked out by my friend Matt's father, whose been playing and collecting drums for 40 years. There is pitting on the chrome and maybe a few scuffs here and there, but excellent shape for being as old as it is. Skins and brass are in great shape as the kit was mostly played with brushes or with a really light touch.

When I got this it had rawhide skins which I still have. I currently have Remo Ambassadors on the kit. I have what I believe is the original hardware and drum pedal although I don't use them. They're solid metal but always felt kinda flimsy to me. I replaced it with Gretsch hardware although a few pieces were from Pearl as well. The bass drum pedal is a Pearl.

Kit is a small kit, most likely a jazz kit. I'll take some measurements soon.
    What you get:
    Drums
    Floor Tom
    Bass Drum
    Snare
    Two Toms

Hardware
    What I think is the original Gretsch hardware in a neat little cardboard box.;)
    Newer Gretsch Tom mount
    Replacement legs for the bass drum with wider feet
    Replacement legs for the floor tom with wider feet
    Pearl bass drum pedal
    New snare stand and hihat stand (Pearl?)
    Newer Bicycle style throne

Brass
    Sabian's B8 Cymbal pack

This is going to be local only. Will try to get pics up ASAP.
    F/S price is going to be $3000USD.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    OBO Bump. Come check this out at my studio! Great kit!

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Price drop to 2

4. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Pics?

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric