1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S: GW DC-2B HRV 4 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ccbass71, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccbass71

ccbass71 Supporting Member

TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW Basses DC-2B 4 string bass for sale. This a prototype #001. I acquired it from Grandon. This is a beautiful bass. Great feel and tone. The neck is a little chunky for my taste.

This bass has a walnut body with a figured myrtle topset (the darker edges of the topset are sapwood) with a wenge accent layer between the top and the walnut body.

The neck is a walnut center with zebrawood stringers and imbuya outers, a bois de rose fingerboard with a thin maple accent layer between the neck and fingerboard.
    The nut width is 1.6", neck depth is 7/8" front to back at the nut, and 1" front to back at the 21st fret. Fretboard has a 10" radius.

The pickups are made by Kent Armstrong. The neck is a humbucker and the bridge is a quad coil. The neck pup has a rounder sound similar to a p-bass while the bridge has much more bite and growl. Each pup has a coil tap switch.

The bass comes with a gator hardshell case. Also includes Hipshot D-tuner.
    I am asking **$1100**. Includes shipping in the continental U.S. PRICE DROP!!!!!

2. derekd

derekd

Feb 16, 2009
    KC
    Gorgeous bass. How much does it weigh?

3. ccbass71

Thanks,

It weights 10.5 lbs.

4. ccbass71

I may be open to trades as well.

Maybe...

Lakland Skyline DJ
    Pedulla MVP

5. ccbass71

Price Drop!!

6. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    Cory, no....
    This is a great bass. Nice thick sound.

Great seller also!

7. ccbass71

Thanks, Vic!

8. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Grandon is one hellofa craftsman. Your bass is particularly fine looking. I can only imagine how great it must play. If I hadn't just bought another Precision, I would be on this like red beans on rice.

9. ccbass71

bUMP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.