1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S Ken Smith Burner 6 string bass 1995

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TJGlowacki, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am selling my Ken Smith 6 string Burner bass guitar made in Japan. It is from 1995. It has a solid Ash body, 3 piece bolt on Maple neck, and what looks like a Pau Ferro fingerboard. The scale length is 34" with 17 mm bridge spacing. Original paperwork is included. It is in good shape, and come with a Ken Smith case. I use a different 6 now so this one has to go.This is an old Burner not the new re-issue version. I would like $900 shipping included, to the continental U.S. I am open to offers/trades. I'm looking for a Modulus Flea/Funk 4 string or a US Fender Jazz.

Attached Files:

2. Added two new photos. Lowered the price a few bucks.

3. 2 band eq?

4. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Nice bass, I have owned one and u get the Smith tone with a bass that is a little lighter than the US Smith

5. It has a volume, balance, bass boost/cut, and treble boost/cut. I will look up the specs on freq and db.

6. There is also a switch to toggle between active and passive when the volume knob is pulled out. It takes a 9 volt battery to work correctly and you only use this switch if the battery dies and not to get a passive sound.

7. Any more detailed pics?

8. Jecodia

Jecodia

Jan 3, 2012
    If no one buys it by friday, i'll give u 850$...my email is jecodia@yahoo.com. Let me know if you're interested.

9. PM me with an email and I will send some out.

10. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    nice bass, TJ!

BUMP for a fellow Tampanian!

11. skb5string

skb5string Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI
    PM Sent:)

12. Had some fair offers and will try to make a decision over the weekend. I will get back to those of you that PM'd me.

13. Thanks for all your PM's again. I'm gigging out of town. The bass has not sold and I am still taking offers. I will get back to everyone, and put up some real photos when I return home. Thanks for your patience.

14. Bass still available. Been a little busy.

15. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Bump for a nice 6 :) It might help your sale if you put your location in your profile too. 0 feedback and no location may keep some folks away.

16. Coming home to Big Daddy!

17. Bass is sold.
    Thanks Clay!
    $865.

18. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.