1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S KSD 705 with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DougD, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    For sale only NO TRADES. SOLD
    5 string KSD Proto J. Bound and blocked maple neck/ Ash body, upgraded Hipshot tuners, Audre Z6 preamp, front pickup cover and Dunlop strap locks (over $300 in upgrades) This is a players bass and has some minor wear. But otherwise is in great condition. Full disclosure, there is a crack on the corner of the headstock next to the B string. I did this when I was attempting to install a string retainer . The crack does NOT affect the bass at all. It was filled with glue and is very stable. The bass is a true funk machine and has no playability issues at all. The neck is good and straight, Truss rod works fine and can achieve very low action without buzz. The bass comes with a Road Runner gig bag (that she fits in with room to spare) and a Italia 4 inch leather strap, original preamp and adjustment wrenches. Bass weighs about 10.5 lbs on my bathroom scale. 19mm string spacing. I hate to part with it, but finances dictate it, so she has to go.
    Asking $500.00 plus actual shipping. Firm, No trades. Pay Pal, cash or money order all ok. I do not want to ship overseas.
    Thanks for looking.
    bass and bag.
    body.

2. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Picture of the headstock. Note: the 2 big holes are from the original string retainer.
    headstock.

And bass in Road Runner bag:D
    body bag 2.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Nice! You are tempting me to sell something.:bassist:

4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Oh yea :)

5. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Bumpea

6. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Bumpage

7. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Off to da ebay baby :)

8. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    That's a lot of bass for 5 bills. I use to have one with nordies and audere pre and it was very nice.

I may have to pm you.

9. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Yes it is :) It will serve someone well.
    Pm's replied:D

10. you should take more detailed photo's of the crack and other wear for 'full' disclosure

11. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I can send detailed high rez pictures for those interested.

12. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Here is a up close picture of the headstock crack. The crack is right under the hole that is closest to the B string. I filled it with glue immediately after it happened and there is no spreading (after about a year of use). It ain't going nowhere :). The other holes are from the original string retainer and have been filled with glue also. I have never bothered to sand the area down and make it look better because no one ever notices it unless I point it out to them.;)
    KSD headstock.

13. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Do you have the original string retainer, and could it still install?

14. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Yes but the hole was basically striped so it won't hold.:rollno: That's why I installed new ones. But I can include the old one if you want.

15. PM Sent...

16. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Responded :)

17. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    A small piece of toothpick in each of those would have solved the screw holding problem.

18. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Tried that. No joy. But any way, it's done now. no use crying over spilled milk;)

19. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    On hold. PP :)

20. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    And SOLD :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.