1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: Kubicki Factor 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JEDBass, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDBass

JEDBass Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    Hey all,

I'm letting go my beloved Kubicki Factor 4 to offset some recent GAS. It's a FCS model but has been sent to Phil for his Service Package a few years back (still have the invoice too!).

The color is Pearlescent Purple, and the body itself is in great shape, with only one small ding that I can see on the front. The neck has a few small dings here and there, but nothing that affects playability or tone.

As I'm sure many of you know, these basses practically play by themselves. And even with the 9v system, it's quite versatile.

Since the non FCS models tend to go for $1500 or above, let's say $925 for this one, including the HSC. Paypal accepted.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    A couple more pics...

Attached Files:

3. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Any interest in trades?

4. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    I originally was thinking no trades, but I may get swayed into one of the following Mesa heads:

M6 Carbine
    M9 Carbine
    M-Pulse 600
    BigBlock 750

But no basses or cabs at this time, thanks!

5. does it have the 2 active & 3 passive preamp?

6. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    The selector is Mute, 2 active, 1 passive. Tone controls are (I believe) same as other Factors, with a stacked bass/treble and a stacked volume/blend.

Honestly, I've rarely if ever used the passive mode. There's a trim pot on the inside where you can adjust the amount of mid boost in one of the active settings. I just switch between that and the non-mid boost mode. Those modes, along with various degrees of blending the PU's gives me more than enough versatility in tone.

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This is the way to go if you dig the Factor tone and quality but don't need the drop-D feature. IIRC, these are 34" scale, the Ex Factors are 32". IMO, these trump the more conventional Key Factor (headed) 4's.

Riis

8. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    Thanks Riis, I completely agree (though I'm a bit biased!). I've also added a pic of the Factor standing upright. The Lightning McQueen and Mater pillows in the back are NOT included!

Attached Files:

9. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    TTT

10. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Love these basses. I also have to add that the Extended D-tuned ones are more common than these. Too bad you're not taking any basses for trade, oh well. Good luck in the sale. :)

11. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    Yeah, sorry, just need the cash right now to cover a couple other purchases. Bump!

12. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    Bump for price drop

13. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Do you still have this? Call me at 732-966-3385. Tom

14. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    Sold pending payment

15. JEDBass

Mar 10, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    ....and shipped. Thanks Tom!

Thread Status: