1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S LDS 3x8 NEO Bass cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Rapisme, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    SOLD

I bought this cab from Bongomania a couple of months ago, and haven't regretted it for a second. He described it to me as having clear, smooth, articulate musical mids and highs, with polite tight lows, and he was right on all counts. Here an ad he posted for it some time before:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264956

HERE'S THE ORIGINAL LINK:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524145&highlight=lds

I'll post my own pic soon, but the cab hasn't left my house even once, so the condition hasn't changed. It includes a custom-fitted padded cover as shown in Tom's ad. The cab finish is that Rhino-Liner type super rugged coating. The speakers are three 8" neos, a 5" mid, and a tweeter. The cab weighs 51 lbs., and is rated 5.3 ohms. 16" deep, 16" wide, and 26" tall (including feet).

I was using it primarily with my upright for which it is perfect. I really couldn't imagine a better cab for medium-small club gigs, or for nice full tone at home (which is how I used it). And it's also excellent for BG'ers who play clean, articulate upper-register stuff, jazz fretless etc. , so I won't be using this cab, so here you go.

) $I recall exactly what I paid BONGO for it, but how about I ask (price I PAID )350 shipped to most of the US; $360 if you're near the WEST Coast or deep Southwest. It is in excellent shape, never driven hard (unless bongo did, IDK ), with only the most minimal marks from use. Even the plastic corners are barely scuffed.

For trades I could also add cash toward a trade for one of these basses: The bass Ibanez bass Rufus Philpot is selling ;-0
    Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

2. peteybass

peteybass

Feb 26, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    Bump for LDS cabinets. I have a 3-10 and a 5-8 and they are high quality tight sounding cabinets.

3. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Thanks petey...

4. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    NOO!!! NOT AGAIN!!! I HAD TO PASS THIS UP ONCE, I CAN'T LIVE THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!!

5. Tell me about it!

(I have to just keep telling myself that 19 8" speakers is enough...)
    :ninja:

6. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Go on guys you know you want too:)

7. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Somebody..

8. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Big Joe and the mind bullets!!!! Argh!

9. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    pix?

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Here's Tom B's pic:

IMG_2797.

11. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Thanks Bongo!

12. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    The Famous Carpet

13. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Common Moose, u know you want it,. But I have an innterested buye close by guys,. I'll keep you posted..

14. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Rapisme... taunt me no longer. I'm sick of giving you FREE BUMPS just to have you tease me about buying this unit. ;)

Be a dude, man, not a d@#$

15. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    O.K. Moose pending deal.. with local buyer.. The agony hopefully will soon be over :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.