1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Mike Lull M4V - Aztec Gold - Modded - $1300

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bpwb, Mar 8, 2008.

1. *** PRICE DROP ***
    $1250 shipped

For sale is a Mike Lull M4V Jazz style four string bass. This is a 2006 model and I am the original owner. This one has the Lindy Fralin single coil pickups with the Bartolini two band 18v preamp in it with the high end rolloff (VTC) and active/passive push/pull knob. Great looking bass in with Alder body in Aztec Gold, white pick guard and birds eye maple fingerboard. Great playing and sounding bass with very even tone across the spectrum. As most of you know, the necks on Mike Lull basses are just about as sweet as it gets and this one is no exception. Low smooth action, straight neck, plays like butter.

There are two items of note on this bass. First, a while after I got this bass I started having problems with it just simply cutting out in the middle of the song. I called and spoke to Mike about it and he said without a doubt it was the battery box. He offered to have me send it back to him and they would remove the battery box, hard wire the batteries and fit it with an optional cover over the hole where the battery box was. Although Mike promised a very fast turn around, I opted to do it myself. The job looks professional as attested to by several of my friends who thought it looked awesome and were surprised that I did it myself. Since the retrofit, there has not been a problem, so obviously Mike was correct.

Second, I chose to modify this bass with Dunlop recessed strap locks. These strap locks are different in that they don't stick way out of the bass with your strap on like the standard ones do. You drill a hole in the bass and insert this cylinder into the hole and drill a hole for the screw that goes way down inside. Definitely the strongest and most stable strap locks available. I am switching all my basses out to these. On this bass, I installed these with a different twist trying to recess the lip of the cylinder down below the surface of the wood. This is not how they are designed to be used. I made a big leap by trying this on a such a nice guitar and I have to honestly say that it did not come out the way I had pictured it in my mind. That being said, it is not a butcher job and looks fine but not up to my standard of quality. You can see it in the pictures.

Because of these two modifications, I am selling this guitar at less than market value. It is otherwise in excellent condition and comes with the original Mike Lull soft sided case. Asking $1250 shipped. Aslo open to trade offers.

E-mail with any questions or if you need further clarification or additional pictures.

2. More pictures

3. two more

The guitar hangs nicely on the strap and it is no affected by the mod other than asthetically.

JB

4. Sunday time change bump

5. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Great deal bump!

6. Oh My God--another Lull!!!!!

7. I am open to trades too, so if you are interested, let me know what you have to offer. My area of interest is pretty narrow but you never know.

JB

8. hstingrayh

hstingrayh

Sep 29, 2007
    Atlanta.GA
    I have Music Man Sting Ray HH 5 up for trade.
    Thanks.

9. You have a PM.

10. All PMs replied to.

11. Monday morning bump with price drop

12. 16notes

16notes

Dec 18, 2005
    YOu have a PM!

13. Replied

14. The Lull is sold pending receipt of funds.