1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: MTD 535, Flame Myrtle, Wenge neck & FB, Norm Stockton finish, MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smadder, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    SOLD!!!!

I thought I would never sell this bass, but medical bills are really overwhelming right now, so it has to go. This is an MTD 535, top of the line model. I bought it back in February of this year for around $5000. I am selling it for $3400 and providing FREE USA SHIPPING (it will be over $100, so this is a great deal on shipping costs) including the original MTD hard case. Everything is in mint condition. Please no ridiculous low ball offers, but I will consider anything reasonable. Definitely no trades please. I need money to cover bills, which is the only reason I'm selling it, so more gear won't help.

The bass (# 2183) has the Norm Stockton teal burst finish and has a tulipwood body capped with a flamed/figured myrtle top, all wenge neck and fretboard, black hardware, Dunlop dual action straplocks, matching truss rod cover and matching headstock. It also comes with glow in the dark side markers and a special flashlight to "charge" them for the stage. All case original candy is included as well. This bass has never left my smoke-free home studio and hasn't received a lot of play time either. It is currently strung with black label Sadowsky Steels and has been professionally set up. It comes with the standard MTD Bartolini preamp and pickups. This is the top of the line MTD and it simply does not get any better than this. The wenge neck alone is now a huge mark up due to the increasing rarity of the wood. The bass weighs in at a little over 9 pounds but feels lighter and balances wonderfully on a strap or your lap. It's easily one of the best basses in the world.

Please PM me with any questions and here are some pics:

bodyfront-1.

wholefront.

headstockfront.

headstockback.

bodyback.

wholeback.

2. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    Nice Bass!

3. Ahh! Norm Stockton! That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the color.
    Great player and great bass! Beautiful. ;)

4. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    BUMP! You won't find a better upstanding seller than this guy!
    Smadder will go out of his way and you'll end with not any better deal else where than from smadder! BUY IT NOW!

5. I second this comment. Smadder is a top notch seller and great person to deal with. I have bought from him outside of the classifieds and very happy with everything.

GLWTS, Steve. Sweet bass!

6. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    Bump for price drop! Now $3600 plus $50 for shipping. This is an extremely good deal on this bass. It lists at over $6000 and goes for $5300 new. Please take advantage of this and give it a good home.

7. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Beautiful! Sorry you have to move her glwts.

8. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Bartolini Artist, MTD Artist, LaBella Artist Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Same here! He drove 4 hours to hand driver the bass i bought from him....buy with confidence! Bump for you Steve

9. Zitch

Zitch Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    wow just georgous!

10. Bucket list bass...great seller, great guy, great TB'er...

Wish I has the $$ a MTD 5 in this color is one I would love...

11. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    What Chris said!!!

12. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    Fantastic bass with all the trimmings at an incredible price - needs a home!

13. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    What Smadder folks?
    This is a great bass at a great price from a great person - it won't last long, so better make your move!

14. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Bump for an outstanding bass and TBer! Wenge necks are fantastic!

15. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    Price drop bump:

$3500 and $25 towards shipping. This is an unbelievable deal on this bass and is almost 1/2 the cost of retail and easily over 1/3 off what you'd pay new. Please PM me with any questions.

16. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    PRICE DROP BUMP TO $3400 + FREE USA SHIPPING!!!

17. carlis

carlis

Dec 28, 2005
    bump for a killer bass.

if I didn't have a blue burst MTD under construction...

18. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    Bump!

19. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    potential buyer is lining up!

20. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

Wow! I love that wenge MTD tone! bright but not shrill... so musical. Classic MTD sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.