1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S .. older USA NYC Atelier Z 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DavC, Apr 3, 2011.

1. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    Hi ; For Sale ( Feeler , because I like it ) ... or possible trade for something with a P/J setup .... similar to a newer 2010 Precision Deluxe ... probably prefer Passive or something with Sadowsky guts with VTC ... active/passive ...

I have a " USA NYC made Atelier Z 5 " , that I got in a partial trade for my Sadowsky ... the bass is in great shape ... there are descriptions Pasted below .. I do believe that the Passive Tone Control only works in passive mode .. the current string spacing is at 18mm ... but by flipping the outer 2 bridge saddles , it would be back to 20mm spacing ... and if you wanted to put it on a small diet , someone could change out the BadAss bridge and big HipShot tuners , for something much lighter ... the weight doesn't bother me , as my favorite old bass was a 74 Jazz .. ! 11-12 lbs ..
    I have come to the point where I want something with a P/J setup for the studio ... instead of having both Jazz style and Precision basses .. !

$1,300 shipped w/hard, fairly heavy case .. CON US Only

Here's some info from Mas Hino ... and info from previous ads for this bass .. Atelier Z 5, Serial # 035363

hi David

this Atelier was made at the guitar and bass boutique nyc which was Jimmy Coppolo's store ,shop was.
    he started alleva Coppolo at the shop on 50th on 9thave!

best regards
    Mas Hino

from another previous owner;

Specs.........Northern ash body, 1 pc. maple neck with blocks and binding, Atelier single coil pickups in the 60's position, Badass bridge, 2 band EQ with a passive tone, through body B string, 3/4" bridge spacing, just over 1 3/4" nut. It came to me with a vol/vol/treble/bass setup. It now has vol/blend/VTC/stacked bass and treble w/push/pull on the volume for passive operation.

from another previous owner;

It is an older one, Mas Hino left awhile back and I think before they had those models (actually made in New York at Jimmy Coppolo's shop prior to him starting Alleva Coppolo). It's a northern ash body, single coil pickups, Coppolo preamp, and 21 fret. It weighs 12 lbs and has 60s pickup spacing. It sounds great and huge. The active can be bypassed and it has a passive tone knob that works in active and passive mode.

2. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    sorry it's Not Sold ... yet ... the Tax Man Cometh ... !!

if you want more pics , please send me a PM ... i'll email them back ...

i'll try to get a couple more shots on here tomorrow ... it is very clean ...

thanks ; Dave C.

3. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    a couple fresh pics ... 4/2/2011

4. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    This bass nails the 70s tone and is beautiful as well. If it weren't for taxes, this would be mine again!! It's a great bass

5. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    Thanks Cabcreaser ...

it is a pretty cool piece ...

DC

6. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    SOLD ... Payment Rec'd

Thanks

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021