1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S Only: JJ Helms 33" 5 String SingleCut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zombbg4, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Yes, it's up for grabs yet again. I'm something like the 9th or 10th owner, but why that is I don't know. I LOVE this bass and am only selling it because I have some bills that need paying off and I'd rather sacrifice gear than eating :p The specs are-

33" Scale 5 String 24 frets plus zero fret
    Set neck
    Spanish Cedar body, thick walnut top that is slightly figured
    Maple neck w/ walnut stringers
    Birdseye maple board with walnut blocks
    Birdseye topped wooden pup covers, ebony knobs
    JJ Helms single coil pickups, passive electronics - Vol/Vol/Tone
    Wilkinson Tuners, Hipshot B bridge, 19mm spacing
    Claro walnut topped finger ramp

As far as tone and playability, this bass is it for me, very sad to see it go. Tone is punchy and articulate, and the bridge pup tone is too thin and the neck pup is till thick despite placement. The B is as good as any bass I've played, don't let the scale length scare you off. The neck is quite thin and very easy to play. The weight is insane, super light thanks to the spanish cedar and thin body.

Now the condition...yikes. This bass has seen a lot in it's life, and it shows. A "player's" bass as they say. Numerous dings and knicks and the body and headstock, none of which affect playing though. There are also two dents in the fingerboard board, one one each side which I'll get some pics later. When I got it the neck finished was nearly worn off and very uncomfortable to play, so I had it refinished in satin poly and feels great now!

So bottom line here- If you've been wanting to try a singlecut, something you wont have to worry about taking a knick or two, dont mind the wear, or lots of bass for your money ect... this could be it. Price is 825$ shipped and paypal'd in the cont. US, for the the folks up north (Canada) shipping will be a bit more of course. for sale only-no trades. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll be happy to address them. I'll get some more pics up soon. Thanks!

These pics dont show it well, but again this bass sports a decent amount of knicks/dings.

JJ2.jpg

JJ4.jpg

JJ5.jpg

JJ6.jpg

JJ7.jpg

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Man.. I want this. I can't believe you're letting her go! :eek:

Good luck Z! Free bump for a great friend, practically brother!

3. CH Design

CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    You know this is killing me, right? Are you interested in trades at all? If I can find someone who has something you would be interested it, maybe we can work out a 3-way deal.

4. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Fretless, I really need to sell this bass, so not interested in trades...sorry my man! Thanks for the bumps guys.

5. CH Design

CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    That's what I figured. I have someone that is looking at my Zon. I should know by Monday. That's good news for you because I was in the same situation last time and this bass sold the day before I had the cash. If the same holds true, you should be selling this bass tomorrow.

6. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Here are some pics I just snapped. While not the greatest quality, cell phone, it shows the wear as it is.

Without out the ramp-
    noramp.jpg

An odd blemish on the finish-
    bodyblotch.jpg

lowerknicks.jpg

The back AKA Ding City-
    backknicks.jpg

Fingerboard Ding, there's another like it on the other side near the 2nd fret-
    neckknick.jpg

headstock.jpg

There you have it. The last thing I want is someone to buy this bass and for it to be worse than described/shown (kinda like my experience), so I'm going to the proper lengths so that wont happen. Again, this is a great bass. Beat to ****? Yeah, no doubt...but 10 feet away and no one is the wiser :p

7. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Bump and price drop to $800 shipped.

8. this is getting painful...do you take credit card? lol!

9. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Not directly, but PayPal can help you out with that :D

10. Jotha

Jotha

Jul 18, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow... Do you really want to sell her?? You can cause me a great problem, man!!! Has a 19mm string spacing?? Enough room for preamp??

11. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Looks like she's sold- pending payment!

12. CH Design

CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Wow. That was pretty fast.

13. Jotha

Jotha

Jul 18, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations to the buyer!!! Sexy bass!!!

If you want to sale the bass later, please don't forget to contact me... :hyper:

14. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    No longer pending, this baby is SOLD!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.