1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

F/S ONLY!: Spector Forte 5 for $1499 + $50 for 1/2 of shipping! Free Preamp Upgrades!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smadder, Aug 10, 2012.

1. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    Up for sale only is a Spector Forte 5 in excellent condition. I got this used from GC during one of their "oops" pricing mistakes, when they priced this $2800 monster for only $1499 with a new Spector hardshell case. This is usually the cost of a used Euro LX5. It turns out that the US neck profile is a bit too thick for my wide palmed, short fingered hands, so I need to stick with Euros. So this all flamed maple beauty can be yours for exactly what I paid: $1499. I'm asking for the extra $50 to cover 1/2 of the shipping costs (since it's coming in a hardshell case, it will be over $100 to ship). I have also removed the stock Aguilar OBP-2 and added an all EMG preamp that includes the BTC two band system plus the EXB circuit that provides a variable mid-scoop. It's a great match with the 40DC pickups and the entire bass sounds immense. No trades as of now and no low ball offers please. This is a genuine, all USA Spector at an incredible price - don't pass it up! The only things that make it used are a very small ding on the underside of the top horn and a very light scratch on the front of the headstock, neither of which I could get to show up with my camera.

If you live within 2 hours driving distance or so from Atlanta I will happily omit the shipping fee and we can simply meet somewhere or I can deliver it to you. Please PM me with any questions. Pics are below courtesy of photobucket:

download-2.

download.

download-3.

2. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    This shouldn't last long. Fantastic bass and a real looker.

3. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Man, what a steal. This is a US Spector, people. Somebody jump on this. I've bought from smadder before and you couldn't buy a bass from a more honest and nice guy.

GLWTS, Steve. This shouldn't last long.

4. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    PMs answered. Sale pending on Monday with 2 other people in line behind the first if something falls through.

5. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    surprised it lasted this long...

6. Chistov

Chistov

Aug 11, 2012
    Great! this is what I was looking for! I'm ready to buy it now!.......

7. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Good luck Steve! Steve is a great guy to deal with, whoever gets this should be very happy!

8. Rcat

Rcat

Mar 22, 2015
    Is it sold?

9. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Pretty sure I owned this and was the 2nd owner after smadder. I sold it again at least 2 years ago.