1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/S ONLY! SPECTOR NS-2JA-R IN WHITE! MAJOR UPGRADES! NEW GIGBAG INCLUDED! MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smadder, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    SOLD!!!!!

ONLY $875 with an extra $50 going towards shipping costs so $925 total!

I got this as brand new from Amazon on June 22 of this year. It was NOS and had basically been untouched for almost 5 years before I got it. I immediately upgraded it to
    EMG X series J pickups to get more power and paired it up with the smadder setup of the EMG BTC system preamp combined with the EXB variable mid cut circuit. Originally it came with regular EMG Jazz pickups and an ENG BT circuit for the preamp. My changes have created a much more powerful and flexible bass. While this is sometimes a little too hot in PJ Spectors, it's just right in this J/J configuration. TONS of low end and the top can sizzle or smooth itself out, depending on what you want. It's got a great, cutting tone to it and it's a total joy to play and a tad lighter than the usual Euro 4s. The only difference between this and a neck through Euro is that it has a finished bolt on neck (not like a Rebop at all) and dual J pickups and dot inlays and an original chrome Badass bridge with matching chrome Schaller tuners and brass nut. Otherwise, it's got the real NS body shape, is super comfortable to wear and is an exact reissue of the 1983 NS-2JA bass. 83 of these were made in white, 83 in black, and 83 in natural. White of course is the best of the bunch :)

I'd like to sell it for $875 complete with a new Spector gig bag and new Dunlop dual action straplocks in chrome . I'd like another $50 to help me cover at least half of shipping and I will cover the rest including full shipping insurance. So $925 total gets you what is essentially a brand new and significantly upgraded classic Spector bass (I haven't registered it so you can even register online at the Spector site as the original owner). I will ship via UPS 5 day ground and communicate with you throughout the process. If you live or can meet up within 2 hours driving distance or so, we can skip the shipping fees and it'll just be $875. It you live within 2 hours or less, I'll deliver it to your door.

It's an awesome bass and in absolute mint condition with the exception of some light scratches on the chrome neck bolt plate on the back that I can't capture with the camera. It's currently strung with Sadowsky black label steels at .40, .60, .80, .100. It plays like butter, the neck is fantastic and though it's a bolt on, it feels and plays like a neck through, only lighter. I also have installed a lithium cell 9v for the preamp, so you won't have to worry about your battery dying for a while. It's an excellent bass, I just don't need to keep it because I've got more than I need. The money will go straight to the medical bills I am currently in significant debt with

Here's some pics. First come, first served on this mint condition JAR. PM me if you are interested or have questions. NO TRADES PLEASE!!

JARfrotwhole.

JARbackwhole.

JARfrontbody.

JARbackbody.

JARheadstockback.

JARpickups.

JARpreampknobs.

JARpreampinterior.

2. Awesome bass, could not find a better person to deal with!!

3. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Killer deal!!!!

4. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I had one of these basses and they are awesome!

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Mmmmmm...white.;)

6. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Sahwheet!!! And a fantastic fellow to deal with! Buy with unfaltering confidence from Steve!

7. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    You-can't-go-wrong-with-a-white-Spector bump!

8. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    Gah another one I want .

9. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Man, one day I will own a white Spector.... the epitome of classy badassness!!!

10. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    This is tempting...

11. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    hey mad, you know you want it...

12. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    mad knows all about this bass... he owned the one I had, which was Sam's and now Joe's lol

13. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Washington DC,Silver Spring,MD
    Bump for one of my favorite TB brothers. A fantastic deal here. A JAR is my go to bass at the moment. It is light, versatile and you will not be lost in the mix, particularly with these upgrades.

14. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I have two white spectors, one used to be Steve's bump for one helluva guy!

15. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Oh no, here I go again. Steve you are a Spector pimp. Now you got me having to blow out my unused gear. Going to probably be taking a bath on my Landmark 600 to get this one. Pm sent your way brotha. :D

16. BUMP for a great bass...even better seller!

17. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    SOLD!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.