1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

F/S ONLY! U.S. JOE OSBORN 5 VIDEO & PICS INCLUDED!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jackie Clark, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    Jackie Clark endorses Sire guitars, EBS amps and pedals,Evidence Audio,iGiG cases,Sire Marcus Miller V& jazz basses
    EARLY JOE OSBORN 5 string bass for sale only Superb condition,one owner(me).Lindy Fralin p/u's,no preamp but tone is exceptional!! 35" scale, Bookmatched Swamp-ash body,Quarter-sawn rock-maple neck and Bird's-eye fretboard with ebony dot markers.Probably the most solid and stable instrument I've EVER owned!! about 8.5-9 lbs(well balanced(light-weight hipshot tuners)...doesn't dig into your shoulder at all!)

Here's a short vid clip of me using the bass in my home studio.This bass is going direct thru the same 2nd gen Mbox Pro interface strung with DR Black Beauties and using a 10 ft. Evidence Audio Lyric HG cable no added EQ or plugins to the sound...the track isn't mixed! Recorded into ProTools

http://youtu.be/U8fWDgZ8cxI

Click the 2 links below to see/hear live footage of my Osborn on an actual gig

http://youtu.be/Y05BYTgdxgQ

http://youtu.be/Gdpf5zXof-0

It really hurts to part with this axe but,I'm only selling the bass to get recording gear I really need and,I already have 3 other great U.S. Laklands,along with an original '74 Jazz for my jazz bass needs.Otherwise,this bass would NEVER be on the market!!!!

Only $2200!! I have to be firm on the price because this bass WILL be a collector's item very soon!!! You can check any used dealer site to site my price is lower than just about any of them...One of the 1st 30 JO 5's ever made! Serial number is 5JO-31.Probably already a collector's dream as they've discontinued the Osborn model!(they still make a jazz bass but,it's now called the 44/55-60) Good U.S. 5's are kinda hard to find...I have the pickguard(black) if needed.I just took it off to show off the grain! Trust me,the value WILL hold!(if you keep it in the same condition as I have!)

I have tons more pics/angles if needed.Only 1 or 2 very minor blemishes that you can barely see.I can send pics of those if you need them...

PM me here on TalkBass or email me at jcsgroove@aol.com if you have any other questions.You can also look me up on Facebook under my name.

Can only ship within the U.S. (sorry)...the asking price includes shipping! Also ships with a very cool iGiG G515 single tweed gigbag(actual bag shown in pics) FREE OF CHARGE!(the gigbag alone is worth $200 so it's definitely a great deal in my opinion)

Peace,
    JC

P.S.-be sure to checkout the sound clips!!

Click the links to see closeup pics! I'll be posting new sound clips soon!!

DSCN1515.
    DSCN1513.
    DSCN1510-1.
    DSCN1509.
    DSCN1506.
    DSCN1503.
    DSCN1499.
    DSCN1498.
    DSCN1497-1.
    DSCN1496-2.
    DSCN1495.
    DSCN1494-1.
    DSCN1491-1.
    DSCN1479-1.
    DSCN1462-1.
    DSCN1460-1.
    DSCN1452-1.
    DSCN1450-1.
    DSCN1448-1.
    DSCN1497.
    DSCN1496-1.
    DSCN1491.
    DSCN1479.
    DSCN1468.
    DSCN1510-1.
    DSCN1516.
    DSCN1518-1.

2. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    Jackie Clark endorses Sire guitars, EBS amps and pedals,Evidence Audio,iGiG cases,Sire Marcus Miller V& jazz basses
    SOLD!!!!! $2200 plus the bag

Thanks for checking it out!

Peace,
    JC

3. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Congrats Jackie!

4. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Endorsing Artist: AlienAudio Basses
    Now that's how a bass listing should look!

5. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    thanks bro! sorry we couldn't work it out...might have something else for you later! hahahaha! Stay tuned.... :)

6. Jackie Clark

Jackie Clark

Oct 3, 2004
    Memphis
    Thanks brother!