Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/S or F/T: GK 250BL Head $194

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mud Flaps, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I have a Gallien-Krueger Backline 250BL Head. It's great but I moved up (or moved back) to an Ernie Ball/Music Man Audiophile HD-500. My favorite thing about this head is its distortion section.

Most pedals that are "distortion units" for bass knock out the bass and leave you with a thin buzz sound which it calls "distortion." Many which claim they keep the bass don't provide you with enough distortion, leaving you where you started. The 250BL Distortion is neither of these, it's both heavy and bassy. In fact, I was considering keeping it just as a distortion unit.

Here's what MF had to say about it: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/482584/

It's definatly worth it $300 on MF, but wouldn't you rather pay...

$194 + shipping

The head is in sonically perfect condition, but the casing is scratched.

I will trade the head for a SansAmp BDDI or a EH BassBalls or Mini Q-Tron + $.

As with anything I sell, you can return it for a full refund (shipping not included) if you are unsatisfied within a month. Check for my feedback in the feedback forum, just search "Mud Flaps".

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Or best offer, sorry, I forgot to mention that.

3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    bump, make me an offer, don't be shy!

4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    hurry up before it goes on the Bay!