1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD f/s PARKER FLY 5 STRING **USA** **7lbs** Graphite neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Silver Darling, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD

Added Audio Clips (Working Now!)(and a free ringtone) - see #16 below
    Hi,
    I've had to sell almost all of my bass gear to support my business. If you look at my profile, you will see that I had owned quite a few basses. This is the last holdout of my "good" basses other than the one I'm keeping (Warrior).

This bass has the best tapping and cord playing sound that I have ever heard. The bass is very high end quality including the best case I have seen. Plus it's only 7 lbs.! This is a very versatile bass - you have the magnetic and piezo pickups. This bass cuts through well live - the actual note is well defined in the mix. I wish I didn't have to sell it.

This is a USA model, not the later imported model
    Quilted Maple Top and Back
    Natural finsh
    These were selling for @ $3,300 new

PRICE DROP TO $1,640 + shipping
    This is what I counter offered on another site.
    If you want it, act fast.

[DEL]I'm asking $1,785 + shipping cost[/DEL]
    This bass is very close to mint condition - no nicks or dents.
    It has a few VERY slight, finish only, scratches by the g string from popping.
    You can only see them in just the right light.
    When I first saw a little scratch, I put one of the clear plastic protection sheets in that area.
    You can leave it on, or take it off - it does nothing to the finish.

Here are the specs:
    img047.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    OMG!

3. DSC_0171.

4. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    "help meeeeeeee....."

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've always wanted to try one of these.

6. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Interesting, but a little out of my price range. Darn

7. Well ya certainly don't see these every day... Cool bass man!

8. another picture:
    DSC_0169.

DSC_0167.

9. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    I sold one just like this one a couple years ago. Still miss it...

10. I'm sure I'll miss it too.
    I'ts a little bit of a learning curve to get the killer sounds by blending the mag and piezo pickups, but when you get it it's awesome. You can play two note cords on the lower strings and actually hear both notes clearly. It has the most even sound up and down the neck, and down to low B - like one big string. And for tapping, it's unbelievable.
    I've also heard if you switch the pickups out for Nordstrom's it's even better. I can't imagine . . .

11. Here's the case:
    DSC_0164.

12. I sold the identical bass this time last year. Outstanding bass with great tone variability. They don't make these anymore anf the asking price is fair.

I still think about mine; if I'd had the money to keep a "wall-hanger" studio only bass, it would've been my Parker...just too pretty to ding! :)

13. message sent

14. Here is a youtube of a 4 string with (I think) the same pickups. It's accurate as far as the clarity and definition, but the way it was recorded, (camcorder) you don't get the fullness of the sound. There's some tapping at the very beginning, and the end shows some slapping that sounds like all neck pickup (kind of a hyped up Pbass sound)

15. Mother's Day bump :hyper:

16. Here's a link to some audio clips (and a free ringtone).
    This is the first time I've tried this and it bugs me that I can't find a way to put these in order . . . oh well.

I recorded these by simply plugging the bass into the 1/8” mic input in my computer. I used Audacity – no effects, compression, or anything. Also because the quality isn’t that great, some of the presence and dynamics are missing, but I think you can get an idea.

I did quite a few clips. Fingerstyle (FS), Tap, and Slap.
    My favorite sounds are the Magnetic/Piezo blend.

The things that stand out for me about this bass are:

The clarity, definition, and evenness of the notes all the way down to the low B.

The sustain – which is to be expected with the graphite neck.

The quality of the B string sound even when slapped.

And the versatility of the sounds available by blending the magnetic and piezo pickups.

Click below and a list of clips will pop up.
    http://www.box.net/shared/m8bejcceqh

17. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    No clips... just an invite to join that hosting site. :meh:

18. keyscaptain

keyscaptain Banned

May 13, 2010
    bump for a HIGHLY underrated bass. These basses are not seen very often, and for good reason! most people don't sell them! The ergonomics may look a little strange to a traditional-style bassist, but they are RIDICULOUSLY comfy to play!

19. Clips are working now.
    See Post #16 above.

20. Bump for working sound clips that actually work - see #16 above. By the time I got the clips to work, my ad was 3 pages down!
    Someone please buy this bass so I don't have to ship it to France.
    I would like to buy it back someday.:help:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.