1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

F/S Quilt Maple Jazz Body, very light and resonant

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Famous Shamus, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Hi Folks, SOLD SOLD

I bought this body a while back. Really light weight Swamp Ash or Alder body (hard to tell), with a Quilt maple top, and a pretty burst finish. Weight of the body is 3 lbs, 10 oz

Nice resonant piece of wood, but it's beat to hell. Still, it looks decent, until you get close up. I took pics with and without flash to give the potential buyer a good look at her.
    The body has wear on it, with various dings and dents, but the finish and color hide it surprisingly well. There is a small depression where the mounting plate goes, but so long as you land your screw into your neck well, it's a non-issue. Control cavity has shielding paint, and pickup routes are copper shielded. There is a clear pickguard on the body included, as well as a battery holder in the control compartment. You have holes on here for a Schaller bridge or standard Fender 5 hole.

Neck pocket is standard Fender size, and will fit standard Fender, Warmoth, USACG, etc. necks. Pocket is nice and tight, no gaps. I also will include the control cavity cover and some screws.

Letting it go fairly cheap at 150.00 shipped to you in the CONUS, but feel free to make offers.

DSC00785_zps0acee4b5.

DSC00786_zpsdbe546b6.

DSC00789_zps449ca5a3.

DSC00788_zps241abd0c.

DSC00781_zps7351e86b.

DSC00780_zps543eef88.

2. This used to be mine.
    Good price!!
    GLWTS

3. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008