Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/S Swamp Ash Jazz Bass (not Fender)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Woodboy, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I am a professional luthier and part-time bassist. A few years ago, I put together a Jazz bass using a lightweight Warmoth swamp ash body (4lbs. 4oz.), Aero Type 1's, Hipshot tuners, and neck I made with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. My guitars sell in the $5K range, so making a neck was not a big stretch for me. I put a subtle nitro sunburst finish on it. It plays and sounds great. I realized that I am more of a P bass guy. It has a hard TKL case with it. I am asking $600 for it. I can supply e-mail photos if you are interested, or if you are close to St. Louis, PM me and we can set something up for you to come check it out.

2. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Buy it, try it for 3 days. If you don't want it, I'll refund the purchase price upon undamaged return of the bass. Shipping both ways is at buyers expense.

3. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
  4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  6. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    It is back on eBay as of Friday night. C'mon y'all! This is a great bass at a steal!!!

7. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Really wish I had the money for this one..thats a beauty..

Dan

8. SOLD! Man, I got a bad case of GAS!!!!
    I'll let you all know how she plays next week.
    Hawk :hyper:

9. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks, Hawk!