1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F.S./T. Vintage SWR SM-900. Awesome!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Danny R., Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep.
    I love this amp but I just don't use it, I was using it for practice but it's overkill :meh:

This is one of the good ones, pre Fender, old school SWR sound, versatile and super loud. Excellent condition. Specs:

SM-900 (BLACK FACE PURPLE SCREEN)

The original version of our top of the line model. 350 watts RMS/channel stereo, 800 watts RMS mono @ 4 ohms, 2 independent switchable 3-band semi-parametric EQs, EQ footswitch, sidechain stereo and mono effects loops, effects blend control, tuner send, adjustable limiter, electronic crossover, XLR record out with pad and ground lift, fan, rack mountable.

Dimensions: 19"W x 3.5" x 13.75"D
    Weight: 24 Lbs.

Production Period: 1991 to 1999
    Final Retail Price: $1899.00

Somebody was selling one like this one on ebay for $1200 plus shipping, that's nuts!!! How about $800 plus shipping? I'm not really in a hurry to sell it so the price is somewhat firm.

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking.

SWR5.

SWR6.

SWR7.

SWR3.

SWR2.

SWR1.

SWR4.

2. Man, I bought one just like this for $550, only a bit later year and in no where near as good of shape. But, I collect vintage SWR gear, and this is really tempting me. That is a killer amp, unreal flexible tone and at only a bit over twenty pounds, honestly kills most of these newer, lightweight class D amps. If you don't sell in a couple weeks, I'll have to take it. Do you have any other vintage SWR gear you'd like to part with?

3. Hey Nameless.
    This is my last SWR amp, I just sold my old 750 and I still have a 210c combo but that's not vintage!! :D
    And yep, this is in great shape for it's age.

4. Actually, my Name is David. I am a big fan of both Jet Li and Clint Eastwood, both of whom are "nameless" in a couple movies made them famous. Anyhow, this thing is very tempting. Keep me posted, I may have to pull a trigger or two. Anythin you lookin for in trade? Basses, gear. Got lots sittin, wish you were closer. I am in SC.

5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Bump for a great TB'er and a classic amp!;)

6. Thanks Joe.
    I'm really digging the GK :bassist:

7. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Bump. Shot you over a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.