1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S Vintage Guitar Projects (Epiphone, Gibson)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by GeneralElectric, May 16, 2011.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Trying to raise money for a 63 P-bass so I'm selling some stuff I'll never get around to repairing. Both are these are OBO. Make me an offer, I might just take it. I'll do a deal if you want both.

All original 56? (need to double check the S/N) Gibson L7 in heavily checked Sunburst. Comes in the OHSC which is falling apart. EDIT: S/N is A2274 which places the guitar at 1948.

This one needs a bit of work but is definitely fixable. I brought it to Mandolin Brothers in Staten Island a few years ago for a quote for the repairs and was estimated $1300 bucks. They also charge an arm and a leg for everything ($80 set ups for basses!) so I'm sure you can get this done for a lot cheaper. When I took it out of its case it was still in tune! It played halfway decent as well but some restoration and set up work could bring this back to life. Guitar is still wearing Gibson Mona steel flats that've been on there for at least 20 years. Comes with all the crap in the case too which is mostly old strings and stuff (D'Addario Chromes)

It was in a damp basement (hence the corrosion) for awhile but has been moved from living room to living room as I've moved around the past 4 or 5 years.

They told me the following would need to be done and would have been included in the repair:
    Neck reset
    New nut
    Fret polishing and buffing
    New tuners
    Gluing the body edges together. (there is some separation on the bottom edge of the guitar)

Includes the original floating pickup but I'm not sure if it works. The tip is corroded and is an 1/8".

IMG_4579.

More pictures here.

$1000 shipped OBO

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    This is a 1971 Epiphone Texan. The label is mostly gone. Its an acoustic. Comes with a similar era HSC but I don't know if its original or not. The guitar is a lefty, but is currently strung righty. Now you can pretend to be a right handed Paul McCartney with a backwards guitar.

The problem?
    At some point the neck broke where it joins the body. Pictures can probably explain it better than I can. When I brought it into Mandolin Brothers they quoted me $500 for the repair. Again, they charge an arm, a leg, and a first born for everything. I haven't brought it anyplace else for a rival quote because they're the only guys on Staten Island who do that kind of work.

Aside from the break its in beautiful shape. I don't know what happened to it, I got it in this condition.

Pics up soon. $350 shipped OBO.

IMG_4588.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/ImSuperPoor/Epiphone Texan/

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump for pictures! I'm charging my camera now to take pictures of the Epiphone.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Gibson is gone pending trade.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Gibson gone. Someone make me an offer on that Epiphone!