Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/S Warmoth 5 string P bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bazzanderson, Apr 7, 2004.

1. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Good as it is or could be used for parts/project bass. $250.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Warmoth specs

Tung oiled alder (much figure to the alder) body. Warmoth $175.00
    Maple/Maple Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck. Ebay $134.00
    Gotoh tuners. Came with neck.
    Schaller roller 5 bridge (drilled string through). $42.00
    Spacing is adjustable from 15.8mm to 17mm.
    Bartolini 5 string M4 soapbar in MM sweet spot ($105.00 for pickup)
    Passive electronics (one tone one volume)
    Another $175.00 to have the body and neck tung oiled and original electronics (EMG) installed.

I love this bass and it plays/sounds great (passive) but you'd probably want to use a pedal preamp with it for more volume. The B string is good and tight and the string volume balance is even. Pickguards on front and back shown in pictures are self adhesive backed and can be easily removed. I put the smaller one on the back to help avoid/protect against belt buckle rash. If you are interested…let me know and I’ll attach pics or send them to you.

Links to demo’s I’ve recorded with my Alt-Pop band Soaking Wet. These two songs were recorded with this Warmoth 5 going through a Tech 21 Bass Compactor (used as a bass and treble boost peddle) and a Hartke 4000 head (all settings at mid positions) to the board. These demos were recorded when I had an EMG HZ pickup installed at the time. The EMG sounded great but I opted for the Bartolini M4 because I wanted that “Bart” sound. I installed the Bart myself and you might wanna “re-do” the soldering but it’s fine with no noise at all. The bass now doesn’t sound too much different…a little warmer and sweeter now with the Bart M4.
    http://soakingwetmusic.com/demos

PM me or email me barry.anderson@guarantygroup.com for pics.

-Bazz-

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    bump

3. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Pictures?

Glenn D.

4. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX

5. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX

6. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX

7. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Pm on the way!

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    definate WOW! (got the picts emailed to me yesterday right after the first post) I tried to justify the $250 to the wife last night :bawl:

Damn her and her P R I O R I T I E S :spit:

Good Luck on the sale! I wish it could be coming my way

9. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Believe me...I know exactly what you're talking about!
    -Bazz-

10. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Sold.
    -Bazz-

11. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    You, sir, have a lovely fine Benavente. This little puppy is coming home with me :D

J.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

thanks and w00t!

congrats on the bass!

13. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Which is, of course, deciding how to set it up. The first issue will be to add a preamp. Fortuneately I've got an old Bart NTBT around here somwhere that just needs a gain pot and a bit of soldering to make it viable, so that'll rectify the preamp issue and give me some active bass and treble, which I can stack on a concentric pot.

But that leaves me with the string issue! I mean, egad man, the possibilities! With all the looping and solo stuff I've been working on, I'm thinking of stringing it with rounds tuned E-A-D-G-C with maybe some LaBella Slappers. But from another perspective, we're talking a maple-necked 5-string with a Bart in the sweet spot...throw a set of TI Flats on it with a low 'B' and I suspect I could blow down walls.

And all that lovely open space between the pickup and the neck is just begging for a Gary Willis-esque ramp.

This, I think, will be fun...might need to post some updates from time to time.

Cheers,
    J.