1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD F/T 1981 Ibanez Roadster bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Navybass, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    This bass is in very good condition. The frets have some wear, but they have alot of life left in them. Nice low action with no fret buzz.

It has a DiMarzio P and DiMarzio J pickups in it. They are the original pickups and sound killer. The controls are; P-pickup volume, J-pickup volume, master tone, Preamp boos volume, 3 way pickup selector switch, and series/parallel switch for the P-bass pickup.

I added Mother of pearl dot inlays on the neck, and did the custom mountain scape inlay on the headstock. Everything else on the bass is all original. It comes with the original Ibanez hardshell case.

I'm looking to trade the bass for another bass of equal value.

Here are some pics;

Picture002.

Picture003.

Picture004.

Picture005.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Ding! Check your inbox bro!

3. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I have one of these-- the range of tones on it is just great! Best of luck finding a new home for it. Epitome of a solid bass. Dig the shiny brass saddles...

And I'm a back country backpacker.. I should find something to trade you so I can match my two hobbies!

4. I have one of these, only a '79, and they are tanks. You could take it out back and hit baseballs with it. They have great tone and playability too. Somebody snag it!

5. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    hi john,i have an sr 1200 ibanez ,its around 96? neck thru ,zebrawood and maple sandwich neck ,back body wings ,mahogany ,front wings ,birds eye maple ,looks like pau ferro board ,with oval abalone inlays ,action very low ,neck very straight ,issue i am having with this bass ,I NEED MORE STRING SPACING!!!cannot get used to it,is yours more wide? let me know john carlos chf3354:bawl:

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Every old Ibanez I've played has been pretty dang nice, and that looks like another good one...

7. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    thank you chef ,it is a very good quality bass ,a bit small for my fingers ,if not it would be with me till end of time!!!!:crying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.