1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

f/t,f/s Hartke 3500 head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pthorstenson, Aug 27, 2007.

1. pthorstenson

pthorstenson

Jul 14, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    350 watts. Good shape with some rack rash. PM for Pics until I can get them up. $250 shipped in USA. Pay pal accepted. I have used this head for clubs, weddings, and festivals and its been very reliable. I am selling it as I just purchased an iamp800. Cash preferred but willing to trade for items such as condensor mics, sm57s, effects pedals, a hollowbody guitar of similar value or some item that I didn't know I couldn't live without.

PJ

2. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Bump for a great head at a great price. I used mine for 13 years until I got a Trace Elliot with two tubes in the preamp section. Throw a JJ low gain 12AX7 in it, dial the tube section up to about 12 o'clock, the solid state to 7 o'clock and it really rocks.

3. pthorstenson

pthorstenson

Jul 14, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    yeah, I used this head with a 4.5xl cab for several years. I bypassed the eq section and just used the eq on my bass which at the time was a Modulus Q5. Nice tight puchy sound. The best sounds were always with a healthy dose of both the solid state and tube preamps. Thanks for the bump.

PJ

4. whats the output rating at 8ohms?

thanks, and bump for a great price

5. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I believe it's 240 watts at 8 ohms

6. pthorstenson

pthorstenson

Jul 14, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Mr. Matrok is close :) - the hartke website states 250watts at 8ohms. I'll double check the actual head tonight to confirm. This head will be loud enough for most situtions if you play at a reasonable band volume based around acoustic drum levels - even with a loud drummer. If your competing with 2 guitarists with 4x12 marshalls or mesa boogie cabs turned to 11, keep looking elsewhere as you would need something more like 2 bajillion watts. What I have found is that the amount of speaker surface area pushing air is key for volume. Example, my iamp800 with 2 GS112's is not significantly louder than this head with a hartke 4.5xl cab. The additional power of the iamp helps to absorb the wide dinamic variation of my double bass without clipping and without a compressor.

PJ

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I own one of these and use it in my band rehearsal room and it's a great head with a good amount of juice for a band that isn't insanely loud.

8. pthorstenson

pthorstenson

Jul 14, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    I checked the back of the amp. It states 240 watts. The website states 250 watts. This head is a few years old so maybe they use a different power section electronic doodad watt maker thingy now.

Edit: back of amp states 350 watts at 4 ohms and 240 watts at 8 ohms.

PJ

9. pthorstenson

pthorstenson

Jul 14, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    A recent deal fell through. This amp is still for sale. All PM's replied to.

PJ

10. Incognitus

Incognitus Amen!

Mar 25, 2006
    Eagle River, Alaska
    PMed

11. pthorstenson

pthorstenson

Jul 14, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Amp is on hold.