1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/T Feeler - 1996 Pedulla Rapture J 2 5 String Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lamonica78, Oct 2, 2008.

1. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I'm putting this out there as a possible straight trade. I acquired this bass back in January and I unfortunately haven't had the time to devote to my fretless technique, so I am thinking of possibly parting ways with this beautiful bass for a similar quality fretted 5er. This was professionally set up/adjusted back in February and is in excellent condition.

Again, I am not even sure I am going to part with it, but send me any offers and if I am intrigued we could maybe work out a deal. Fretted Raptures are definitely on my list as I do love the tone of this bass. Lakland Skylines (especially the 55-02 Deluxe) are also high on my list. The serial number is RB-6189, which dates it back to 1996 according to the Pedualla website.

Here are the specs from Pedulla's site

DETAILS/OPTIONS
    BODY: Plain soft maple
    NECK: Bolt-on
    SCALE LENGTH: 34 inches
    NUT: Bone
    TRUSS ROD: Single, double acting adjustable with two stiffening bars
    STRINGS: .045, .065, .080, .100, .128
    WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs to 9 lbs.
    HARDWARE COLOR:
    Chrome
    BRIDGE: Machined brass barrel
    MACHINE HEADS: M. V. Pedulla/Gotoh
    STRAP PINS: Gotoh
    PICKUPS: Made for MV Pedulla by Bartolini
    ELECTRONICS: Active, Bartolini
    CONTROLS: RB: vol, pan, treble, bass

I believe it is 17.5mm spacing

I will take more pics when I am home. Please PM with pics of any items you might be interested in trading. Willing to ship only in the US. Since it would be a trade, we would both be responsible for our own shipping costs.

PS - You can hear it in action at www.myspace.com/theabsolutezeros on the track Whisper in the Storm......I'm sure a more competent fretless player will make this bass truly sing!

DSCN1773.

DSCN1775.

2. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Sexy.:)

3. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Thank you :) Also worth noting, I do not think this bass is available in this finish/color anymore. It is not one of the options on the pedulla website as far as I can tell.

EDIT - Nope, I was wrong. It is still available in this color.

4. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    dang, if this was only fretted...

5. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Haha, that's what I'm sayin! :)

6. These Pedulla Raptures are outstanding axes. Absolutely love'em.

7. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Edit - Serial number now provided in original post.

Again, please send pictures with any PM or email.

8. You've got PM

9. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    PM replied

10. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Wow, what a great take on the classic J shape, nice! If it was unlined... I'd really with I had something to trade! I have a deluxe 08 fender Jazz V, very close in color, currently at a local luthier getting the chunky neck reshaped.... It should come out just as nice as a Lakland! I think I could settle on the lined board, if you could on the nameplate (+ cash) :bag:

Hehe, great looking bass, good luck with the trade :D

11. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I'm actually not much of a Fender guy. Never really have been. Thanks for the offer though.

12. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    PM sent

13. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Replied.

I am only interested in lateral trades for a fretted 5er (i.e., basses of similar quality). I am not interested in any trades + cash, nor am I interested in trading up. Lakland Skylines, fretted Raptures/MVPs, Warwick (Corvette, Double $$, Thumb) etc are the types of basses I would be willing to trade for.

14. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Bump. Run some trades by me. The worst I will say is no

15. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Weekend bump

16. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I had Jacos real bass in the late 90s. I shaved it into wood pulp. The US government took it and wrote some numbers in Green on it. How many numbers would you trade me for? P.S., there were some bone shavings in there also.

17. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Bumpin it up again. I'm not interested in selling the bass outright. Only interested in trades at this point for a 5 string fretted bass.