Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/T feeler: Candy Apple Red Fender Roscoe Beck 5-string

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fourstringbliss, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Hey out there,

This is just a feeler to see if there's interest. I've got the itch to go back to 4-string and want to see if there's trade interest out there. I have a candy apple red Fender Roscoe Beck 5-string which is in great shape and perfect working order. I traded a MIA Jazz 4-string for it a while ago and it arrived with a few small paint chips which I have since repaired (just being honest). It's tough to match candy apple red without repainting the whole thing but I did my best and it looks great. The spots are on the back and one on the side near the lower horn - nothing you would see when playing.

Anyway, This bass sells new for around $1300 and used for around $900. I am looking for a similar 4-string if not a Fender Roscoe Beck 4-string (which would be ideal since I really like the whole setup except for the 5th string which I never really use). Anybody interested?

Again, right now this is just a feeler to see if there's interest. I'm not completely sure I want to trade and wouldn't be able to until July since my bass funds are used up this month on a new cab.

Thanks,

Matt Alexander

2. Here's a shot of the only repaired chip that is remotely near the front of the bass. You can see that it's now red (though not the exact shade of red as the surrounding paint) but it's pretty close and sanded smooth and shiny like the surrounding lacquer. In the picture it's the slightly darker spot next to the pickguard.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Interested in a MIA J with J retro?

4. I just might be! I would like to stay in the Jazz camp. Do you have pics? Tell me about it!

5. Kevin Ellis

Kevin Ellis Supporting Member

Any interest in a 4 string MM Stingray. Vintage 3 tone subuurst w/ matching headstock, rosewood board?

6. I could be very interested! I'll PM you about it.

7. Kevin Ellis

Kevin Ellis Supporting Member

PM Replied! I smell a deal in the works people!
    I just bought a RB instructional video and he is awesome!
    I will talk to you again when I get off work around 4pm!

8. Hey there folks! I've gotten some great offers but haven't decided on anything yet. Anybody else got something they might want to trade for my Roscoe Beck 5-string?

9. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    what about a 1980 rickenbacker 4001?

10. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi,

I have a fretless SR4. It's on the GFS page at the Dudepit. Please let me know if you are interested.

Joe

11. Got any pics?

12. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    do you have a myspace?

if so type in Joe Vargas under the friend finder.

13. Thanks to all who considered trading with me. I traded it for a MIJ Fender 60's reissue Jazz with J-Retro.