1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD f/t Feeler Modulus Quantum Q5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dan Horboychuk, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Aguilar Amps, DR Strings, Bartolini Electronics, Creation Audio Labs
    I have a Modulus Q5 that i am debating on getting rid of, its a 5 string NON truss model with a red quilt top and 2 EMG j style pickups, all chrome hardware.

I am looking for another 5 string but 34" scale.

I dont really have a clue what the Modulus non truss basses are worth so any help would be appreciated. the bass looks nice but has some nicks and dings on the face and a lot of belt buckle rash on the back (none through the finish) Neck is straight as an arrow and the action is very low, the neck also has a very nice flat fast feel.
    i will take some pics tonite.

2. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Aguilar Amps, DR Strings, Bartolini Electronics, Creation Audio Labs
    the bass has a nice quilt top that really pops in certain light but can also look more mellow at certain angles.
    sorry for the Live shots they are the only pics i have of the bass on my work computer. I will post better pics tonite.

3. Moe Monsarrat

Moe Monsarrat Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Austin, Tx.
    Endorsing artist:Regenerate Guitar Works Carvin, Micheal Kelly Guitars
    What kind of 5er are you interested in?

4. Gr8tbass

Gr8tbass

Aug 7, 2010
    SoCal
    In looking at the pics, that appears to be a neck thru Quantum TBX. They're very sought after and rare. Depending on the condition you're probably looking at around 2K. You have to take some better pics of the bass, so we can gauk at it ;)

5. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    Awesome bass, love the JJ pickups on these. Definitely NOT a neck though TBX.

6. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Not a neck through, bolt on.

7. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
  8. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    As far as trades I'm looking for something with a lot of attack, More of a modern tone so not really looking for fender basses. And something with a thin profile neck.

9. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
  10. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Traded

11. tbassist

tbassist

May 1, 2010
    Waynesville NC
    i'm 6'6"
    I used to own this bass...possibly not this very bass, but one that had the same wood, finish and pickups...
    Did you get it from the high end bass store that used to be in Los Angeles? I had to sell it to pay my taxes, before going to LAMA in Pasadena. I always regretted selling it

12. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Not the same bass I bought it in woodstock NY last year, from the original owner who purchased it at Rainbow Music In Poughkeepsie NY approx 15-20 yrs ago.

13. tbassist

tbassist

May 1, 2010
    Waynesville NC
    i'm 6'6"
    thanks for getting back to me. I felt like that bass really shined in the studio, if you backed the treble off of the emg's about 10%

14. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    No problem hope you find another one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.