Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F/T or F/S Fender Jazz 4-string w/Dimarzio Ultra Jazz, BA2 bridge, graphite neck

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fourstringbliss, Nov 15, 2004.

1. I own a Fender Jazz with an alder body in a midnight wine finish. The pickguard is a 4-ply black pearl. The pickups are Dimarzio Ultra-Jazzes, have been wired v/v/t, and push/pull pots have been installed giving parallel/series options to the neck and bridge pickups seperately. The bridge is a Badass 2. The neck is a Moses graphite with no noticeable fretwear and has good solid tuners. Fender Hardshell case included. Only very minor nicks - no dents or dings.

I am interested in trading for a comparable 5-string bass with case. If not a trade, then I am interested in selling. Any takers?

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    MIA or MIM? Pics?

3. The body is MIA. I am not a supporting member right now - how can I post pics?

4. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    You can add pics through managing your attachments. If that doesn't work, you can email them to me and I'll post them. They won't be the biggest, but I can get them posted for you.

Just go under the thing with all the smilies to the "Additional Options" part and there should be a section where you can attach files.

5. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    PM sent

6. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    -Darn......
    :D

7. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    PM sent

8. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm dancing right now. No really, look.... down there.
    Sorry about this ridiculous waste of space.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

9. Sorry about the lack of pics. Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bump

11. bump +1

12. How much are you asking?

13. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about this. I got this bass in trade with a guy who lives in my area and he said that if I was ever interested in selling it I should talk to him. I wanted to give him first shot at buying or trading it back from me.

I don't want to take less than $650 for it if I can. This bass, even used, is definitely worth that! The body is an MIA alder with a midnight wine finish which looks amazing with the black neck and black pearl pickguard. The pickups are Dimarzio hum-free Ultra-Jazzes which are super smooth and have recently been wired with a parallel/series option by the good folks at Mike Lull Guitars. Each pup can be parallel or series independent of the other which gives a lot of useable tones. The neck is graphite which gives pronounced highs while maintaining good lows. The bridge is a Badass 2. All in all, this is better than a lot of new MIA fender Jazzes for a lot less.

14. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    Is the neck adjustable?

Thanks

Robert VanLane

15. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    This is the main reason that they exsist, so you NEVER have to adjust them. They aren't affected by climate changes, humidity, etc.
    KT...

16. The neck is beautifully stiff and smooth to the touch for a very fast feel in play, and it looks great against the burgundy finish.

17. Thanks for considering either a trade or a purchase of this bass, folks! I will be trading it for this bass:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Oh yeah, you'll love that Roscoe Beck V!!!

19. Have you played one yet?

20. Bought a new Shoreline Gold one back in '98, sold it about 2 years ago when I decided to go back to 4-strings. Great tones - were I to reconsider going back to a 5er I'd look for either another RBV or a G&L L2500.

Tom