1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/T Wal Pro 1

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bubblysax, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubblysax

bubblysax -----cut here-----

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    I have recently moved over from 4 string to 5. As a result, my lovely Wal is going to have to go. It is a 1984 Pro 1 with a single passive pup on a solid birdseye body. It is in a good condition for the year, with a little buckle rash and a couple of small dings on the lower edge of the body (I think caused by where it touched the edge of the original brown Wal case when in transit).

I am looking to swap for a similar quality 5 stringer. I live in the U.K but would be willing to travel to U.S. or Europe to do the swap if I can factor the travelling costs into the deal.

I am willing to listen to any offers.

Wal1. Wal2.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This is my kind of wal. Single pickup, 4 string, birdseye. Wish I could play it :( Any pics of the side of the neck, such as to show the action? Pics of the neck, to show straightness, any more close up pics? Sound clips?

3. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    I will certainly put up some more close-up pics when I can.

I can't help with sound clips as I don't have any recording equipment. If I turn my amp up really high, do you think that you could hear it from where you are?

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Worth a shot :p

Gorgeous bass though, put up the pics at your convienence, though, since I most likely have nothing to offer in trade since the only 5er I own is my stingray 5 HH, and that isn't going anywhere. I just would love to see more of this bass. If you lived in the area I may be more interested but its such a long shot to the UK that its just eye candy for me.

5. Yman

Yman

Jul 12, 2006
    Nashville TN
    wow, gorgeous and crazy at the same time. Hows it sound with only an extreme bridge pickup? great im sure.

Bump for a gorgeous bass.

6. is cash possible,you then can buy your 5er... what is your cash price??

7. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    I haven't given a cash price because of the spiraling prices of Wal's at the moment. My dilemma is that if I ask too much then I am seen to be too greedy. If I ask too little then I am seen to be a mug!

I also like the idea of swapping for something that I would probably not have considered if I had cash to spend.

I am willing to consider any 5'er, with cash adjustment if required. I am not in a desperate hurry, but am keen to find something that will excite me.

8. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
  9. You're killing me!
    Did you get the PM I sent last night?

10. He asking for a trade, I think that's exempt?

"Feelers" are usually ebay like "send me cash offers, I'll take the highest" type thing.

11. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    AL
    My bad, I took "I am willing to listen to any offers" as a cash thing. Bump from another Wal owner!

12. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    Thanks Rick_no7. Yes, I am looking for a trade rather than a sale. That way I don't have to set a cash value which would make me uncomfortable.

13. strumm

strumm

Jul 27, 2006
    How about a 5 strings Mari Fretless?

14. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't have the talent to play fretless (actually that's not true, I can play fretless, just not in tune!).

15. strumm

strumm

Jul 27, 2006
    Ok, good luck!

16. any interest in a 91 alembic essence 5 string, serial 91 k6651..retail price $4900 scale34 ..color red-orange...only 2 of this color bass..body material..mahogany....p/u MXy56..controls: vol,pan,low-pass filter..tailpiece:half moon solid brass...Machine heads:gold alembic OHSC....100% made in Santa Rosa,Ca usa...........other 5er isspectoreuro neck thru..natural oil finish serial NB5564....

17. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! (= interested sound). Do you have pics?

18. PM'd

19. bubblysax

Aug 2, 2006
    Suffolk UK
    pm replied to. Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.