Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 11, 2002.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  2. hmmmm...

not so sure bout that one meself....

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Borderline case in my opinion.

I don't like Jackson because they ripped off Marleaux a few years back.
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I could live with it if I found it in a dumpster, but for $3K+... nope.
  5. Me no like. As for the name, I think a company will come up with anything just to try to be different.

Mike J.
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ya know, I try to keep an open mind about new designs. I can see how in some respects they're thinking ergonomics, but ... I agree, it's fugly! I'd rather have a pointy-headstock Concert Bass.

As for the name: I'm guessing "Stealth" was taken, so they chose Antigravity.
  7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Will someone explain to me why a solid black bass with lightwaves is $3800?!

The shape? Looks like the cutter sneezed when working on the upper half. Yeesh.
  8. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    The body kinda looks like somebody left it sitting a little too close to the space heater.
  9. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I like all the off-the-wall body designs, but that is just too wierd for me. The lower part of the body is almost flat, and the upper horn is half-way into the body.
  10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Fugly? heh, no fug.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Why does that scream "Dingwall" to me. In a bad way. Like Jackson said..."Hu, guys, let's pervert a perfectly good bass, and then bastardize it some more! YEAH!"

12. Yeah, pretty f****n ugly if you ask me.
  13. Sorry guys:(

I actually like it, the design is different, I am sick of the same old same old. I would not buy it, but I think it is kind of nice. Sorry, please don't hate me.
  14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Do ya spose they have sold any of them?? I can't imagine anybody would pay that kind of money for something like that, but then again, stranger things do happen.

I hate it. It looks dumb.
  15. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry dude. thats grounds for distain in my book ;). Just kidding.. you're intitled to your opinion however wrong you may be :p .... Its just to crazy for me. who knows it could sound excellent.....
  16. natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    ................right........................o.k., now let's go and get some more crack........................
  17. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Didnt Jackson buy Marleaux or something like that? I thought there was an agreement of some sort between the two. I really wish I could remeber what I read and where I read it.
  18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    FUGLY= F*****G UGLY!
  19. that bass looks like yamaha RBX with a bad facelift :(
  20. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I didn't see the specs, but spruce is pretty light. I think Anti-gravity is a reference to the low weight. I don't know of another bass using spruce.