1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fab Faux with Will Lee last night in Chicago

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BlountEdge, Mar 29, 2009.

1. BlountEdge

BlountEdge I play (mostly) jazz basses

Apr 15, 2004
    Former contributing writer for Bassics Magazine
    The Fab Faux played at the Park West in Chicago last night. Since most here are probably familiar with the band's approach to playing The Beatles catalog, I'll spare you those details.

The show was excellent. Will Lee was killin', as usual. He alternated between a mid-60's Hofner Beatle Bass, a white mid-70's Rickenbacker and a sunburst '66 Fender Jazz Bass, but due to the song selection, the Ric was used most often. Needless to say, the tone was authentic for each song and Will's execution was flawless throughout the show.

Some of the highlights of the two sets were " I Am The Walrus", "While My Guitar..", "Penny Lane", "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Tomorrow Never Knows", but the entire show was great.

Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick sat in on a few songs, including "Helter Skelter" and they ended the show with Cheap Trick's "Surrender".

Afterwards, was a Q&A session, (hosted by a Chicago radio DJ/Beatles expert), as well as a "meet and greet" with the band. Overall a very cool night.

2. Godfather

Godfather

Feb 4, 2001
    I caught them 2 years ago at Terminal 5 in NY.....one of the best shows I have ever seen....great sound, great performances....
    ANYONE who has the chance to catch The Fab Faux - SHOULD !

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I saw them play last night in Northampton Mass.....Killing.

They Played Sun King!

The first set the volume was perfect,second,little loud so the vocals suffered in the mix.

Tones and a such were right on. I did think that they all hit a little too hard.Compared to the Beatles.

Overall though.....freaking great!

Aj