Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Facebook, anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, May 10, 2005.

1. I know that there is a significant ammount of college students here. Who's using facebook?

2. I am. Although I'm careful to only go on like once a week.

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    That thing will suck your life away...

For about 2-3 months.

Then it just goes back to being innocuous. There's no point except getting lots of friends, it's like friendster all over again. Pretty useless.

It was kind of a fun 2-3 months though, stupid fun, but fun nonetheless.

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I just joined today actually.
    Anyone want to be my friend?

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, i'm on there.

i don't use it to meet people, though. ...which is supposed to be the point of it, but whatever.

i have a physics group where i "helped" out with the homework assignments. apparently, people in my class who didn't care to join previously were prompted to once they found out about this.

and all but a handful of people were to join the group. ...and became dependent on me, so i slaughtered them like cows come exam day. :D

anyway, facebook, yes.

6. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    oh, and anyone trying to search for me on thefacebook, my real name isn't brad barker.

:ninja:

:D

7. My college is too punk to be on facebook.

8. FACEBOOK!!! I think for a few months I spent more time with Facebook than I did Talkbass. It's the greatest waste of time I have ever seen.

9. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I think facebook is actually a great social tool. I have gotten into contact with people that I otherwise would not have, and I really appreciate that.
    If anyone wants to add me, search for Benjamin Fribley at Earlham College-Plus I have a great pic of me playing bass in my profile! Well, not so great but ok.

10. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm on there. Nicholas Gann is my whole name. Feel free to add me to your friend lists.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I guess Im technically still on there but my profile just says that I dropped out over and over. Some people still try to add me as friends though.

12. Yo yo Gainesville-physics-talkbass guy. I'm a mathematics and physics double major. Are you up at UF during the summer?

Also, Nick, I hope things are going well for you down in Miami.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    They're not to bad. Im playing frequently with my new band and Im making enough money to support myself so I'll be moving out soon.

Thats all I want from life.

14. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yep.

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Robert Clayton is my name.

I'm at Rowan University.

Look me up, friend me.

16. i have the confirmation email in my inbox...i should finish it one day

17. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'm on Facebook. You won't have any trouble finding me because I'm the only Eli Maniscalco in the world.

18. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    yup yup, i'm on there, Chris Cona. Eli started the bassists of nyu group, which was a good call, great way to get audition calls. Then there's the "who wants to jam?" and "want to start a band?" group with 6 people in them...that's just a shame.