Facebook Marketplace Category/Subcategory Problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by selowitch, Jul 22, 2020.

1. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Facebook Help essentially doesn’t exist so I am asking my question here.

When creating a new listing on Facebook Marketplace today for a bass, I notice that I can choose the Musical Instruments category. I know that Musical Instruments is a subcategory of Hobbies although the interface for placing a new listing does not indicate that.

However, I see no way to further subcategorize my listing to Hobbies>Musical Instruments>Guitars/Basses nor can I assign it to Hobbies>Musical Instruments>Guitars/Basses>Basses despite the fact that I know that is the structure of Facebook Marketplace categories and that this nesting of categories is appropriate for my listing.

This I think is a major problem with the interface for placing a listing.

What’s worse is that when I gave up and simply listed my bass under Musical Instruments, my new listing doesn’t appear near the beginning of the list but very far down it (it should be first when sorted by date) and it doesn’t show up if I browse to Guitars/Basses or Basses after posting.

This is infuriating! Does anyone have any insight into this? I’m pulling my hair out.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021