1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Facebook noob, how do i block friends from seeing other friends?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I am still feeling my way around FB. Is there some way to block friends from seeing other friends? For example, allow friends to see only mutual friends profiles?

2. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    You mean how can you keep your girlfriend from seeing the other girls you're hooking up with? :D;)

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    If you create a facebook profile as George Castanza you can't complain when your world's collide.

4. Tap, Unfriend, Block.

5. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Delete Facebook.

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I thought that couldnt be done.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    You can't, you can deactivate it but you can never be free!

8. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Actually you can request to have it deleted. I'd post a link to the FAQ where it says so, but my Google won't allow me to search "delete facebook" for some reason. Their Internet Conquest has already begun...:ninja:

9. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Here's a FB question for some of you who may know. I've only ever unfriended one person...and he had it coming. There are a couple of people who are dangerously close to being #s 2-4 on my unfriend list, but what I'd rather do is just stop getting their newsfeed.

I haven't figured out yet, why some people's updates are always front and center for me and others I only see if I go to their profile. Is it something I can control?

10. There are two options for viewing the newsfeed. It is set to "Top News" by default. I think this shows the updates that are most active. (comments and likes)

Try clicking on "Most Recent" if you haven't already. That is the only thing I can think of.

11. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Sure, you can request it, but they'll never return your soul!

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    At least not without cramming it, firmly and squarely, up your ass.

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've done this before, but I don't remember how. Next time I go on facebook I'll do it to someone I don't care about.

14. If they have recently posted and it's showing on your wall, move the cursor until it's over their post. On the right side of their post, a little 'hide' button will appear. Click it and follow the directions.

15. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    This did the trick, thank you! I connected with an old friend and am happy to be back in touch with him, but he's using FB to spew his political view (which are quite different than mine). This helped me exclude his posts from my newsfeed without having to unfriend him.

Thanks,

16. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    I believe that. I wouldn't know, as I've never had it.