1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

facebook problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dougjwray, Sep 30, 2009.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    I recently joined the evil vortex known as Facebook, and everything was going fine. But this week, I'll post an update, hit "share", and nothing happens. I mean, my message doesn't show up anywhere. I Googled "Facebook FAQ", but my problem isn't addressed there. They seem to suggest cleaning out your temporary file as THE all-purpose solution, but that hasn't helped.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there have been some problems on facebook the past few days that i've noticed. posting stuff not always showing up, or showing up multiple times.

don't know why, though.

3. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    facebook has been screwing up lately. how long have you been trying to post?

i'd try a different browser and see if it helps...

4. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Couldn't have anything to do with the Secret Service "investigating" things, could it? :ninja: :p

5. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    evil vortex? Not with mafia wars and farmville!

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    threatening the president, even as a joke, has always been taken pretty seriously by the secret service. i remember folks talking about similar things on usenet 18 years ago when folks would make similar statements regarding bush sr.

this was a supremely stupid move on the part of those responsible, and they're going to regret having done it.

7. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    +1

It's like joking about having a bomb while at an airport; you just don't do it. (And it's a non-partisan thing.)