1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Factory Defect

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cassanova, Feb 13, 2001.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was looking one of my basses awhile back and noticed there was a crack in the headstock, its a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz. When I brought it to the shop to be repaired, I happend to see another bass just like mine on the wall, so I picked it up, and to my suprise there was the same exact crack, in the same exact spot, running in the same direction as the one on my bass. I couldnt believe what I saw. Ironicly my Jazz Bass Deluxe (mia) doesnt have the crack. Just my mexican made Deluxe Active Jazz and the one in the store. I dont know if you other owners have a crack in yours, but this really made me think, 2 bass's with the same exact defect. Im just typing this as a warning to anyone considering the purchase of the Deluxe Active Jazz as there may be a factory defect in good majority of them. And if any of you have one and had the same thing happen drop a reply. Hope you all found this consumer report imformative.