1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Factory presets for Magicstomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lbquota, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Hello, I'm very interested in the Magicstomp for bass but I cannot find it new because Yamaha don't sell it anymore so I'm surfing the used market but...nothin' anyway.
    So, I've read somewhere that the Magicstomp is the same gear for all the versions (bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar), it's only a matter of how presets are made.
    I've found a used Magicstomp for electric guitar and I wonder if it's possible to load in the bass presets...anyone can comfirm that?
    If yes, can someone send me the original factory presets of the UB99B model?
    Thanks.
    Lorenzo Bianchi Quota

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, you just download the bass patches from the Yamaha website. There are also a few Magicstomp users-groups online that have all the presets for download. I don't have it anymore though.

3. i2k

i2k

Oct 31, 2000
    Indonesia
    It's a yes, but only if the firmware version is 2.1. But you can always update them to that version. Mine was upgraded from 2.0. Unfortunately I don't have any factory patches for bass.