1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Factory strings Fender Blacktop Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hendel, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Hendel

Hendel

Feb 2, 2015
    What brand and gauge of strings are shipped with the Jazz Blacktop Bass with the dual P pickups?

My best guess is Medium Fender. Just wondering if anyone knows.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
  3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

It's funny you asked. When I unboxed mine…as in "unboxed it after it'd been special-ordered directly from Fender"…my E-string had a small kink in it. I was eventually going to grace it with a set of Ernie Ball Cobalt rounds (.45-.100's…my personal gauge of choice), so I don't feel like I got cheated or anything. It's just one of those odd things that comes your way in life.

If you're thinking of trying out different strings, please share; What kind of sound are you trying to achieve with the Blacktop Jazz, assuming you already have one.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021