Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fade to bluegrass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 24, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I just got this album, it is a tribute album of Metallica songs by the bluegrass band Iron horse of alabma. I recomend this to Metallica fans who are open to all their works from kill em all to reload since the album containes songs from that time span. Iron horse builds on the Melodies and Harmonies of Metallica music.I highly recomend this album to fans of bluegrass and Metallica fans who are open to Metallica songs in a diffent light.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That's cool. This seems to be a popular trend right now. I heard a Bluegrass band called Hayseed Dixie, an AC/DC tribute band. They did a similiar thing, but of course with AC/DC songs. I'll have to look into this.

3. MAJOR METAL

It some good stuff, they really put the harmonies into metallica music well.

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Blue grass-style Metallica! What a concept! I'm going to Amazon.com and try to find out if there are sound bytes. I'd like to hear this CD.

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I just listened to sound samples at Amazon.com. Boy, that was super cool! I really liked the music, especially "Enter Sandman." It is amazing how well Metallica's music lends itself to bluegrass style. I wonder if that band has done bluegrass tributes to any other metal or hard rock bands.

6. MAJOR METAL

What I really like about it is the fact the the lyrics are very clear and you can make out all the words.