Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fafner FM...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Hey TB'ers,

now i love my EBS fafner and my EBS Proline 4x10 to death..its by far and away the best sounding amp ive ever heard..but i have one biiiig gripe...

The whole things is one giant arial....playing in the rehersal rooms at uni alli get is contact inerferance..sometimes it just harsh attacking white noise..and then other times it radio signals and other time its just terrible hissing sound...

I know that the room wiring looms have something to do with it..but it just some just stops for no apparent reason..!!!....

I currently use it with my GB IV and a Marcus MILler...and although its significanlty lessened with the GB it is still there...

It doesnt happen in everyro0om..

Can anyone suggest what this could be...??

It is a huge distraction durin rehersals and ive found myself turn'ing it onto standbye everytime i stop playing...hmmzz...

:)

2. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Hey Zenbass, I have bought a FAFNER this Week.My 410 EBS proline has woke up with it!!!

It s an incredible head, much better than all the other heads I have tried/owned (svt3pro, mesa 400+, swr350...).

BEST AMP EVER!!!!

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Just several suggestions. Try turning the rig a different direction, plug the amp into another AC outlet and just for grins try another guitar cable.

These have all worked for me in the past with an Eden rig.