Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fafner / hd350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Fafner

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. HD 350

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    I want to buy a new amp, i like the ebs tone..

i can buy a hd350 head, secondhand. do you think this is a good option, or should i wait till i have enough money to buy the fafner head?

is there a great difference in sound?the hd 350 has a tube simulater also, but no tubes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. From what I have been told, the TD 650 is a good blend of the two...

3. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    can you describe the difference in sound?

4. My Fafner has been very good to me... I haven't had any issues over a few years of hard gigging it's paid for itself and then some. It's one of the most versatile amps that I've owned.

A few folks here on TB have reported some problems with the Fafner. I understand that the "blue stripe" version incorporates some updates, presumably to address the issues which I understand were related to buffering from voltage spikes.

5. The Fafner is much more "tubey" sounding (more antique sounding some might say) - the 350 is clean and more typical Solid state, although I've heard the tube emulation is one of the best in the business... Both are excelent for slap and are very tight sounding.

basically, you can't go wrong with either! the Fafner has more headroom to play with though.

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    +1 :bassist: