Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fafner question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jun 9, 2002.

1. The input jack is a little flaky on my Fafner--I think walking around the room while plugged in has been putting stress on it. It's not a big problem right now--the signal cuts in and out at times if I make really jerky movements--but on a gig that might get kind of annoying.

Anyhow, is the jack on a flying lead or is it mounted on the PCB? I'd like to know what I'm dealing with when I go to get it fixed.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, if an engineer designed it, you can count on it being stuck on the board...if a bassist designed it, it'll be on a lead and will be easy to repair...

man, if i keep that up, i'll never get through this last year ;) good thing it's not electrical engineering i'm studying :D

3. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    It is easy to check out, remove the screws from top cover and you'll see. I suppose it is not soldered directly to the PCB. Then again they did put the cooling fan on the side of that amp so there maybe other mishaps as well.

4. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    I've been wondering why they put that fan on the side. Crazy backward Swedes.