1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Failed "Mute LED" KG MB Fusion 800 / MB 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dr3thepooner, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hello!

So far I have been having ... what one might call, less than average luck with class D GK amps : (

I have been using MB800 for about 1 year, not even, and it started making weird crackling noise with volume drops. Brought it back to the store (Long and Mcquade), after having it for almost a month there was nothing they could do, so I returned it for the full price and added some to get brand new MB Fusion 800, of joy ... what an absolutely amazing sounding little dude!

So I have had it for almost whole month now - no issues until yesterday.
    Every time i have to leave the rehearsal space for little bit I leave it on mute - switch flipped up, which is supposed to light up red, when engaged... So I noticed its not coming on yesterday, mute still works though.

I am wondering if anyone had any issues with MB Fusion 800 so far? Is it worth keeping this head or get something else for the same price range?

I really hope that mute switch LED is something that store can fix promptly without having it for a century again.

2. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    No problems with mine. The fans do come on pretty fast and run for quite awhile in my home setting I forgot to check that on the one gig I did with it.
    I often practice for awhile then put it on mute and come back later.
    I wonder if the Mute works like a Standby and lets the tubes run at lower draw to cool them off ??