1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fair price for Ampeg SVT4 and PRO410HLF?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mudshark23, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Mudshark23

Mudshark23

Jan 31, 2008
    SEATTLE
    alright TBers...i am fixing to upgrad my rig, but need to offload mine to do it. i already have an idea what i think i should get for my stuff, but am curious to see what others think. here is the skinny:

both were bought new roughly 3 years ago, from GC and i think the 5 year warranty from ampeg is transferable. (please correct me if i am wrong)

the SVT4 is in immaculate condition. it went straight from the box it came in right into my rack, and hasn't left once. i don't even think there is any rack rash on the wings. i played about 20 gigs through it and it sounds exactly the same as the day i bought it. no beer has been spilled on it, and all the gigs were played in town after the smoking ban.

the PRO410HLF has the same history, but it's got some tolex scuffs consistent with a 155 pound guy lugging a 130 pound cabinet by himself up and down 26 stairs at time. the speakers sound great, it kicks out the low end something fierce.

i only tried running the head in monobridged into the cab once (and on the advice from a rep from ampeg and neither the gain or the volume went above 3), and then wisely decided to pair it up with a 212. except for that one occasion, it has never recieved more power than it's RMS rating.

the head is 1200 watts at 2 ohms, and the cab can take 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms.

i figure i should be able to get a pretty good chunk of change but i would love to hear what ya'll think i should ask for them, either together or seperate.

and let me emphasize that both are in perfect working order, and the head is immaculate.

thanks in advance for any input!!!