1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fair price for an early 80's 4003 Ric?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnnyoffline, Mar 8, 2010.

1. johnnyoffline

johnnyoffline

Apr 18, 2008
    Hi All,

I am having a tough time making a decision about whether or not I should part with my Ric.

It's a real time capsule piece, in what I would consider mint condition especially for its age. 1983 Fireglo 4003. Even the hardshell case is in impeccable shape.

I cruised through TB, Craigslist, and ebay to get a sense of what it might sell for and I can't get any bearings on it.

I'm not a bass collector, I'm a bass player. But I don't want to just release it into the wild of ebay, either.

So I thought I would appeal to you all, what's a fair price for something this old that is in great shape?

Thanks for your time -
    John

2. Mr. Mig

Mr. Mig

Sep 7, 2008
    It would really help if you posted some pictures of it so we can see how "mint" it is. If you can't get a real answer here then go to the forums on Rickenbacker.com and ask them. They have pretty knowledgeable people there.
    I say don't part with it. I've seen so many people part with there Ric's and they regret it most of the time.

3. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Actually, go straight to rickenbacker.com, as you're on shaky TOU ground. Good luck!

4. Mr. Mig

Mr. Mig

Sep 7, 2008
    Lol!! I guess he is.

5. johnnyoffline

johnnyoffline

Apr 18, 2008
    Yeah i wasn't sure if we were allowed to talk about this on TB. If it's against TOU happy to take it down

6. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    I think TB protocol is, your query is more appropriate as a sale "feeler" in the TB classifieds. Which requires paid membership.

the rickenbacker.com idea sounds like your best starting point.

Be prepared: In this economy, nothing is worth as much as you probably think it is.

bon chance.

7. johnnyoffline

johnnyoffline

Apr 18, 2008
    I see your point about this being a feeler. I'm gonna take this down and head over to ric-.com

thanks

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020