Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fair price for an used marcus miller ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j-bass-kreep, May 29, 2005.

1. hi, Iv narrowed my choice for my next bass between the marcus miller 4 and the geddy lee , my question would be what is the fair price for each in an used but very good condition ? also at what price do they go for in normal retailers like guitar center. thanx

2. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Give Marcus a call and maybe he'll cut a deal with you. :bag:

3. :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Check www.musiciansfriend.com That might give you a ball park on pricing. But hopefully there is a local retailer you can support.

5. Wayner

Wayner

May 7, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    I bought a Marcus Miller bass with case used for USD$525 (before shipping) about 6 months ago or so. The one I played in Guitar Center was going for USD$600-650 (can't remember exactly) or so without case new.

The Geddy bass probably goes for about USD$50-100 less if I remember correctly...

6. I just ordered a Geddy last week from M123. Ran 629.00.

7. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    I know someone that's selling a used white marcus miller for 400, saw it on bassgear a few weeks ago and contacted him for pics. The only thing is that it has a precision neck on it, and one small paint chip by the neck. Pm me if you want his contact info and the pics he sent me, it was still available last week.