Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fair trade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DerekP, Sep 13, 2005.

1. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    im thinking about trading my swr 550 x ( mint ) for a y1200 power amp and a pearce bc-1... put inside a 6 space skb case? is this fair trade i dont know much about the y1200 pr the pearce. so info on those is welcomed

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dollar for dollar, I am not sure. I learned long ago not to get caught up in equal dollar for dollar when you do some trading. If the rig sounds like what you want, will give you the volume you want, and meets you other needs then it could be considered fair. But, it can also sound good at the time, and be utter garbage. SWR makes some reliable, workhorse gear, so make sure the stuff you are getting will last as well.

Have you done much research on the internet to get more info on that gear you are thinking about getting? I have not.

-Mike

3. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    ive tried doing some research and cant find much info on either. i have a meeting this week to try out the amp/pre-amp with my cab, so yeah im going to judge on how it sounds but i just wanna make sure im not getting lowballed.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Smart move. I believe the going rate on your SWR is between $5-600 depening on condition. If you think the other gear is worth around that much after playing on it, then go for it. Just don't get too caught up on all the brand names you see floating around here and think anything else is cheap. Those brands you may be getting don't get much/any play in these forums, so don't expect anyone around here to line up and pat you on the back for your killer new rig.

-Mike